Exhaust Opinions Wanted - 85 CJ7, 258, stock exhaust - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Exhaust Opinions Wanted - 85 CJ7, 258, stock exhaust

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #16
RedCJ83
1983 CJ7 

While sound is obviously thrilling; keep in mind that we share the off road with others and loud vehicles are contributing to trail closures. Just something to keep in mind as you weigh the thrill of the roar, the legalities of emissions, and future of our hobby....just something to think about.

RedCJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

for the money, the thrush is a decent option and you'll probably be happy with it
for 16, you sound pretty informed and knowledgeable.
obviously, you can do the pcv valve yourself. its a 30 second fix.

the cover gasket is an easy one too. there pleanty of threads on it too. here's my thread back when i did mine. very easy to do.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/my...t-pics-756451/

as far as the carb goes, thats kind of a fun one if you ask me. it costs $20 for the rebuild kit from any parts store + a can of carb cleaner and a roll of paper towels and an old toothbrush.
again, lots of info and tricks/tips on this as well.

just get a radio, decent size table or cardboard boxes on the floor and start taking it apart while taking LOTS of pics along the way. do it outside in the sun so your well ventilated too. should take you 1-2 hours and you'll be proud of what you've accomplished.

Mike D.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
KrazyGimp
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielfortin View Post
I'm fairly certain I'm going to be going with one of the thrush mufflers, but I have one question... If anyone has any experience with these, do you think the turbo or the welded would be louder? From what I've read, both of them will pro de the same reduction in back-pressure, so performance is basically the same. The over thing I was buying for was increased noise over stock exhaust (to match my mud tires and 4" lift), so now I'll be picking between the two based on sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
I just got through helping a buddy add a Thrush welded muffler to his car. According to their marketing stuff on the box, the welded muffler is supposed to be a little quieter than the turbo style.

I sure liked the change in sound going to the Thrush welded from a Raptor Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK
...that's why you push in that little nipple (hehe.. I said nipple on the internet :D )
KrazyGimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , exhaust , glasspack

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.