exhaust manifold question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > exhaust manifold question

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
nichols077
1986 CJ7 

exhaust manifold question

anyone know the size of the two nuts for the studs on a 258s exhaust manifold?

nichols077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
evil-ant

I usually just buy new studs and nuts and copper-antiseize them before assembly, sorry I can't remember the size.
evil-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
nichols077
1986 CJ7 

i wanted to skip having new studs put in but what the hell
nichols077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
evil-ant

I did my cherokee a year ago, cant remember if you could knock the out or if their welded, but any auto part store that carries the stud for the manifold can tell you the thread size.
evil-ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #5
ChiliPepperTJ

I just did my manifold gaskets. IIRC they were 9/16" but there are 2 different threads on it. Just reuse the old stud and bolt, thats what I did with no problems.
Kevin
84 CJ-7 Renegade- 258,GM TBI w/ ESC, HEI, T-5, D300, D30, AMC 20 w/ trac loc and superior shafts, 2.5" BDS lift, 1" daystar BL, MORE shackles, Tie rod flip, 33" Swamper SSR's, Full cage, OBA, A to Z rocker guards, A to Z rear cage, Warn 9.5ti, Taurus fan, Herc'd tub, LED tail lights, Hand throttle, Hella Fogs, Hella headlight conversion, more to come...

02 WJ Limited, 4.7 H.O., RB1 Nav, DD and toddler hauler

Checkout my Junkyard TBI writeup: http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp
ChiliPepperTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.