exhaust manifold bolts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > exhaust manifold bolts?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
petey156
1977 CJ5 

exhaust manifold bolts?

does anyone know how to get the bolts that hold the pipe to the manifold on the I6 motors out. I dont want to break them off, and the wont turn. any suggestions will help.
thanks

I have been giving them a bath of blaster for the last 2 weeks, still nothing.

petey156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

They are all threaded studs and you have to grin and bear it and back them out normally. One thing you should try if you have it, is cook them until they are red hot...they'll come out.

I got lucky...mine just came out on their own.
Unread 12-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Bard
1985 CJ7 

exhaust manifold bolts?

Soak them up for a couple of days in penetrating oil, keep doing it for a day or two every 6 hours. Best way to get them out, then when you loosen them a little, then tighten just a little, same process over and over. to try to break free the rust, if not heat them up like the other post said and grin and bear it.
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
frankinjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

what is the thread size on the bolts, mine broke off about 6 years ago and i havent really been running the jeep and was getting ready to put the new pipe on and i just need to know the size

thank
frankinjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.