Evan-Fischer Windshield Frame is TRASH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Evan-Fischer Windshield Frame is TRASH

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
steelhead9
1984 CJ7 

Evan-Fischer Windshield Frame is TRASH

For anyone interested in a replacement windshield frame--stay away from Evan-Fischer! Their frame that costs twice what the Crown frame does is exactly the same frame. It even includes the same extra bend on the bottom of the frame that has to be cut off if you want the cowl seal to work. Very disappointing! Never buy anything from them on Amazon! Total rip off!

steelhead9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Do you have a pic of the part that needs to be cut off at the bottom? I have an aftermarket frame and I don't see anything that needs trimming. Also does yours have 2 ribs or just one like CJs had? Thanks and that sucks about your bad experience. Can you return it and just buy another somewhere else? I have 2 originals that I'd part with. Both need some work though.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead9 View Post
For anyone interested in a replacement windshield frame--stay away from Evan-Fischer! Their frame that costs twice what the Crown frame does is exactly the same frame. It even includes the same extra bend on the bottom of the frame that has to be cut off if you want the cowl seal to work. Very disappointing! Never buy anything from them on Amazon! Total rip off!
Just FYI, the Crown one is not made in Taiwan in the same place the others are, and isn't the same frame. They have their own stamping. Omix may use the same Evan-Fischer, I don't know, as I've heard they are even worse. The Crown ones, though not all perfect, aren't paper thin on the later cj's.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead9 View Post
Please post up a picture of the bend you are referring to.

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
steelhead9
1984 CJ7 

Extra Bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post
Please post up a picture of the bend you are referring to.

Jeff
Sorry, I cut it off before taking photos. It the return bend on the very bottom of the frame, sort of an L shape. The original has a very small return on the bottom of the frame but the one on the Evan-Fischer frame was much larger. It wouldn't fit into the cowl seal.
steelhead9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.