engine/trans swaps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > engine/trans swaps

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 06-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
buddhasbomb

engine/trans swaps

ok this is gonna make somebody mad,but i dont care!!you own a Jeep.Jeep powertrains are legendary.Jeep powertrain parts arent any morer expensive than any other.if you want to put something other than a Jeep motor in your Jeep,give me(or some other TRUE Jeep fan)the Jeep and go buy the whole chev%^@# or fo@!# or whatever it is and drive it.stop cutting up the Jeeps because you dont think you like the motors.buddha has spoken and hopes he ruffled some feathers!!!!!

buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
Jeebus

Then you're not gonna like my '82 CJ7, with it's Ford engine, Dodge transmission, and Ford axles.
Jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
storm_pilot

i couldn't agree more. i'm so sick of these guys that hack up good jeeps because they are greedy for more power thinkin it's gonna help em and then *****ing about how many driveline parts they break. there is such a thing as too much power. bottom line......LET A JEEP BE A JEEP!!!!!
storm_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2002, 03:17 PM   #4
nuzzy

Personally I think it's fun being able to take the best of what each manufacturer has to offer and creating your own beast. I love my 258 but I can't wait to stuff in a 5.9 Cummins with a NV4500 and an Atlas II. I will agree on having too much power, but some swaps are just too damn cool to pass up. Just my opinion though.
Unread 06-24-2002, 04:29 PM   #5
Boggy Bottom

On other forums I have frequented, what you have just started, Bhudda, is typically called a TROLL. That's where someone does a controversial thread with the sole intent of stirring things up. I really don't mind trolls too much. I just say my piece and carry on.

Funny you should mention this, too. I was thinking about starting a thread about how anyone could build a Jeep made entirely of aftermarket parts now.

Question is: If one did something like that, would it be a Jeep?

I know the custom motorcycle industry is thriving. Builders are making "Harley-style" motorcycles and selling them under various other names. My quandry is what would I call MY rig, if there weren't any Jeep parts left in it?

Bhudda, you are totally within your rights to worship Jeeps, even the ones with inferior parts. No feathers ruffled here, but you will have trouble convincing me and many other foks that a AMC rear end is better than a Dana 60.
Unread 06-24-2002, 06:15 PM   #6
buddhasbomb

wont argue the fact on differtials.as far as all after market 'Jeep',id say no.it didnt come from the Jeep factory,it would be 'Yours'.(i feeel the same about fiberglass or fabricated street rods but thats another rant somewhere else.)glad im not the only one that feels this way.thanks.buddha
buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.