engine swap, 383 chrysler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > engine swap, 383 chrysler

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-08-2002, 09:45 PM   #1
86cj7

engine swap, 383 chrysler

does anyone know of any companies that sell
adapters to swap a chrysler 383 into a cj7,
any help is greatly appreciated

86cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2002, 11:10 PM   #2
cj7traildriver

383 chrysler big block in a jeep wow, Ah could try advance adapters, all mopar big blocks have the same bell houseing bolt pattern, just so yah know.
Unread 06-09-2002, 08:28 AM   #3
buddhasbomb

i woukd just swap in the motor/trans/transfer case combo from a dodge truck.that way you wouldnt have to mess with an adapter plate.Besibes a 904 wont hold up to that big block for long.
buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2002, 12:55 AM   #4
cj7traildriver

Hmm good idea getting it all from a truck but finding a big block from a truck may be a problem. Small block tranny and Big block tranny's are not the same bolt pattern in mopars. Chevy is nice in the fact all there stuff is the same bolt pattern or used to be anyway. Could bolt a 4 cyl. tranny to a big block chevy if you wanted. Im babling.Anyway the dana 300 is a good transfer case that's most likely what you have in your cj7, most the early dodges where full time 4 wheel drive dont know if you want that. So finding a stronger transmission and fitting it to your dana 300 would be the route I would go or at least think of. Hope it helps let me know how it goes I have a 383 laying around.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.