Engine stalls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Engine stalls

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
75CJLevi
1975 CJ5 

Engine stalls

I am having trouble with my engine stalling. I turn it over and it runs for a few seconds then it just stops. The RPMs fall to zero suddenly. Before it stalls I can see the RPMs drop suddenly and go back up. It is almost as if the fuel supply gets cut off. I thought it might be the fuel filter, but I just replaced it a few months back. I recently just put new gas in from a gas can. Could it be clogged now? Any help is very appreciated.

Unread 05-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Sounds as though you may have some trash in your fuel system. I would disconnect the fuel line and run it into a bucket; have someone crank the engine for you and see if you can getting a good supply to the carb.

Be care when dealing with raw gas.
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
75CJLevi
1975 CJ5 

Thanks

I will try that. I figured it had to be something with the fuel line.
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
seejayseven
1984 CJ7 

floats stuck ? give a few taps on each side of the float bowl ,then try again
seejayseven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.