Engine Bay Emissions Decal Research - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Engine Bay Emissions Decal Research

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 01-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
CSP

I was thinking of a mild solvent like Goof off to remove the overspray.

Turns out the snow was just a flash in the pan. Snowed like hell for about 25 minutes and was done. Now it's just going to be really cold for the next few days.

CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #32
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Looking at Ted Hague & Bear Creek, $75.00 & or $175.00 seems like a lotta cash for a sticker. Nice to see Collins Bro's was only $20.00

Here's a scan of my 1984 emissions decal in 300 dpi gray scale. I put up some 720's in black / white & gs in the same folder.
I took a few secs to play w cleaning it up, but my editing software is not the best.
Is someone interested in recreating these if the database gets big enough ?

Here's the deal. The 1984, 1985 and 1986 decals are all the same EXCEPT the Engine Family, the two big letters and part number in the upper RH corner and the barcode on the right side. All the wording (except the year) is the same as is the vacuum diagram. Basically if we found someone to do this they could cover all three years with minor modifications.

Who knows a graphics designer and someone with the capability of printing on vinyl?

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #33
rlongsr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If there is enough interest in this, I run a sign shop. May be able to help out some fellow Jeepers. If I can keep the cost reasonable, say around the price the people on eBay have them........
Not trying to sell anything. Just trying to help out and make a little Jeep loot in the process.. Haha
rlongsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlongsr View Post
If there is enough interest in this, I run a sign shop. May be able to help out some fellow Jeepers. If I can keep the cost reasonable, say around the price the people on eBay have them........
Not trying to sell anything. Just trying to help out and make a little Jeep loot in the process.. Haha
That would be great kind SIR.Its what generous members are all about
Thanx Mike
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #35
pritchaj2000
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
Here's the deal. The 1984, 1985 and 1986 decals are all the same EXCEPT the Engine Family, the two big letters and part number in the upper RH corner and the barcode on the right side. All the wording (except the year) is the same as is the vacuum diagram. Basically if we found someone to do this they could cover all three years with minor modifications.

Who knows a graphics designer and someone with the capability of printing on vinyl?
That was my plan for the 1972 decal. I'd be happy to do up a file for the '84 to '86 year models. I'll add it to my evening to do list.

Do you know the "big letter" and part number combinations for each of the years?

Quote:
Thats a great offer rlongsr. This is why I love the Jeep community.

What would be the best way for us to get you the files? I'm making the '72 decal in Illustrator, so getting you an EPS or PDF is easy. What file types do your printers use?

Build thread: http://www.earlycj5.net/forums/showthread.php?78780-1972-CJ-5-Almost-Restoration
pritchaj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
pritchaj2000
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
Finally getting a break from the office.
Thanks for posting this CSP. I owe you one if you ever end up in NJ, let me know I'll buy you a beer.

Build thread: http://www.earlycj5.net/forums/showthread.php?78780-1972-CJ-5-Almost-Restoration
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
rlongsr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchaj2000

That was my plan for the 1972 decal. I'd be happy to do up a file for the '84 to '86 year models. I'll add it to my evening to do list.

Do you know the "big letter" and part number combinations for each of the years?

Thats a great offer rlongsr. This is why I love the Jeep community.

What would be the best way for us to get you the files? I'm making the '72 decal in Illustrator, so getting you an EPS or PDF is easy. What file types do your printers use?
EPS is exactly what I would need, that and what size you want it. You can send me a pm for my email.
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
pritchaj2000
1972 CJ5 

Wow amazing what google can help you find if you look hard enough. Seems someone on the international full size jeep board has already done this. Registration seems to be closed on that board, but Link to the original post.

texasskeeter seems to have a very good copy of his original '72 sticker. So that should complete the information I need. Stay tuned, I'll post a vector copy for the community and start looking for a printer. Then it's on to the other years.

Via texasskeeter at the International Full Size Jeep Board

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #39
pritchaj2000
1972 CJ5 

Now we are getting somewhere...

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
rlongsr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Now, if someone would just make this into a vector image, I could print that.....
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
pritchaj2000
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Now, if someone would just make this into a vector image, I could print that.....
I'm holding off uploading a vector untill I get the "corporation" font correct. I guess I'm getting stuck in the details at this point.

Give me a day or two. Before the week is out I'll upload a vector.

Unread 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #42
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

That looks really good so far! Have you had any luck with being able to make anything with the scan I sent you rlongsr?

Unread 01-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #43
rlongsr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo
That looks really good so far! Have you had any luck with being able to make anything with the scan I sent you rlongsr?
Working on it, very busy today. I will let you know as soon as I can get it worked out
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #44
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Working on it, very busy today. I will let you know as soon as I can get it worked out
No hurry.. Just hadn't heard back after I gave the measurements. Jeep is still in pieces and Repli-Tub just showed up last week so I have a few months of work ahead of me before needing the decals. Glad to finally have someone who is willing to make them.

Unread 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
83 is easy. Collins Bros. I know some hate them but they have it and not bad price http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Decal-1...1dd2d8&vxp=mtr
PRITCHAJ2000
I bought the above decal that BLKCJ7Laredo showed me.Do you want a scan of it or will the ebay pic do?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.