EMPI 32/36 vs Weber 32/36 rebuild kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > EMPI 32/36 vs Weber 32/36 rebuild kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 04-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
bfranklin
1986 CJ7 

EMPI 32/36 vs Weber 32/36 rebuild kit

I have a 86 CJ7 that is stock except for the EMPI 32/36 carb and I have been lurking here for some time now and finding answers to most of my questions by searching, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

It is running pretty rough and the carb is pretty dirty looking, I have ordered everything to do the TFI ignition upgrade for a start but I'd like to rebuild the carb too.

Can I used a Weber 32/36 rebuild kit to rebuild the EMPI 32/36 and if not where can I find the EMPI rebuild kit? I have searched all over the net with no luck.

bfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
33Strings
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What did you end up doing. I'm in exactly the same situation with my 87' YJ.
33Strings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
uptillnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranklin View Post
Can I used a Weber 32/36 rebuild kit to rebuild the EMPI 32/36 and if not where can I find the EMPI rebuild kit? I have searched all over the net with no luck.
I have seen a few of these Chinese clones, the EMPI at least will tell you it is a clone and the gaskets seem to be very close. I would use the REDLINE rebuild kit part number 92.3237.05. They do not come with the power valve diaphragm, nor the choke pull-off diaphragm. PV # 57804.097, C-pull off #47407.093. These three part numbers will take care of the whole job.

I like the REDLINE rebuild kit as it gives float info, tuning specs that work and a "Viton" needle and seat.

UPTILLNOW
uptillnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.