Emmisions Stuff - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Emmisions Stuff

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
CSP

If it's passing emissions why would you assume that anything should be removed? The vapor locking problem isn't likely to be related to anything regarding emissions parts.

Yes, the early 70s emissions devices choked the ability to make horsepower and their effectiveness was debatable. Somehow that thought process continues to vehicles that it doesn't apply to.

CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

As for me, I'm not trying to bust chops. Rather, I'm trying to save a lot of grief from you.

I have property and a son in California. It would've been cheaper to register his truck here instead of there. In addition, where I am in northern AZ there are no emissions laws. We didn't do it and I'm glad we didn't. He passed emissions anyways, but the CHP sat outside his employer's parking lot at closing time and they pulled every out of state plate to check registration.

Never think for just one minute that some fellow employee of yours will think it's "cool" for you to pay less than they do.

Do you have a "3 way" fuel filter? Should you if you don't? A fuel filter with a fuel return line cuts down a LOT on vapor lock. the circulating fuel runs cooler than some gas just sitting over the valve cover.
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

why don't you just get a Washington DL? just exchange your valid license at the DMV here.. then IF you move back to CA, just do the same there.. but.... once you taste Washington, you'll not go back to Northern Mexico..
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
Cpolinsky
1984 CJ7 

Thanks guys as for getting a wa DL not anytime soon (yet I'm still planning on going back to ca). I just always thought that the emmissions stuff bogged down a little bit of the Horsepower. Thank you again for everyone with their advice and help. As for the fuel/vapor issue I'll know more tomorrow it was a busy week so i'm working on it tomorrow.
Cpolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.