Emergency Brake Cable Routing Pictures - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Emergency Brake Cable Routing Pictures

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
AndrewUVM
1986 CJ7 

Emergency Brake Cable Routing Pictures

Anyone have a picture of how the emergancy brake cables are routed after the equalizer?

The previous owner replaced the tub and didn't reconnect the brake cables, so the passenger side is held up by a piece of sting and the driver side was rubbing against the muffler and melted the protective covering.

Thanks.

AndrewUVM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

Both sides are held on by clips. You can probobly find them at any hardware store.

hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
AndrewUVM
1986 CJ7 

I have that diagram, but I was looking for an actual picture to get a relative idea of where they are attached on the Jeep.

Additionally, the equalizer in the diagram appears to have the cable from the pedal centered in the equalizer, where as mine is off-centered. Anyone know which cable attaches to the longer end of the equalizer?
AndrewUVM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Not sure if I have a picture or not but I just looked 2 nights ago because I just picked up 2 new ones. Theres a triangular bracket that sticks out from the frame, behind where the equalizer will be. The bottom hole is for the short drivers side cable. The longer one goes in the top hole and goes over to the other side towards the front of the bed. Theres a bracket (which may be rusted off) that comes off the bottom of the bed riser about 2-3 inches and holds the cable at that point (keeps it above the driveshaft), then it continues over and down to the pass. side wheel.

edit: Here's a pic. You can see the rusted off bracket on the cable still.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.