Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Electric fan

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Fatman 
#1 ·
My CJ has a Chevy 350 sb and I want to install an electric fan, but have no idea which setup to go with. I was looking at the dual procomps on ebay. I was also wondering if getting 2 fans 1 front and 1 back of radiator would be a good idea (like a wind tunnel?). any help in this would be very much appreciated.

#2 ·
Search Contour dual fan upgrade and read away. The dual fans off a V6 is a direct fit swap and move something close to 3200 CFM. Stacking fans, one in front pushing with another in rear pulling, is not a great idea.

#6 ·
#8 ·
For those contour fans, the controlled for them separate from the ECU? I'm going that route, and have one of those painless generic fan switches, but the dual controller would be better. I just don't want to pay $$$$ for a fancy one..

#12 ·
What year Taurus was it from? 400 CFM seems pretty good and it being a direct replacement. Count me in.

Did you get it from the junkyard? $50 for all you need to get it running?

#14 ·
thats a good looking set up fatman. im not bashing you but its not a dirrect fit it dosent cover the entire radiator fins like a stock fan shroud will but the contur fan will. here is a pic of mine as i was wiring it up but you can see it covers the entire radiator like a proper fan shroud should (im not trying to pick a fight or dog your set up so please dont take it that way i was just trying to point out the differance between the 2 setups)

#16 ·
thats a good looking set up fatman. im not bashing you but its not a dirrect fit it dosent cover the entire radiator fins like a stock fan shroud will but the contur fan will. here is a pic of mine as i was wiring it up but you can see it covers the entire radiator like a proper fan shroud should (im not trying to pick a fight or dog your set up so please dont take it that way i was just trying to point out the differance between the 2 setups)
? trust me, you stating your information is not "bashing" me or 'pick[ing] a fight"
To set the record straight, a "proper" fit of an electrical fan shroud does not need to consume the entire air flow area of the core tubes / fins. Several manufactures; asian, european and american allow for areas of their cores to have free pass air flow. Don't be bull chitted into believing everything thrown at ya !

Dual fans also offers redundancy. If one fails you still have the other.
So long as your controller is designed that way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.