eh full top VS. full width irons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > eh full top VS. full width irons

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

eh full top VS. full width irons

well it has been raining like crazy here today which is really weird for el paso and it sucked cause the only protection i have is a little wee bikini top and no doors. and i dont know if i should put the spring over on hold and buy a full bestop supertop with doors and all the goodies. i already have 400 bucks set aside for axles which is enough for me to get either d44s or a d44 and a 12 bolt but i need another 150 if i want d60s. but then a full top is only gonna be like another 100 or so bucks more thats counting shipping. but i just dont know what to do cause it has been kinda rainy here the past two weeks or so and i will need one for winter anyways. i need advice please

neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

When I was in the Navy, stationed in DC and lived in Viriginia I rode 8 months of the year with just a Bikini top and soft doors. During the hot months I stacked the doors behind the seat if it started to rain just slap them on. When it got cold, slap them on and crank the heat, didn;\'t have aproblem either way
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
84jeepjohn
1984 CJ7 

I say go drivetrain first!! is this a DD? and like above on my first CJ I only had soft doors and a bikinni top (I then got a windjammer) and it was MORE than fine for the 4 years I drove it like that.
2005 Z71 Suburban with 1.5" rear spacers, and front leveled
84jeepjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

yea its a daily driver. but either way i want a full bestop supertop with doors but i really want to get that drivetrain perfect. i dont know aahh. i hate decisions. why cant the government give jeepers money. oh wait they do you have to join the military. then you drive BIG jeeps hah. stupid money.
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
84jeepjohn
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatocj View Post
yea its a daily driver. but either way i want a full bestop supertop with doors but i really want to get that drivetrain perfect. i dont know aahh. i hate decisions. why cant the government give jeepers money. oh wait they do you have to join the military. then you drive BIG jeeps hah. stupid money.
yeah I hear you. my $$ from my 6 months in Afghanistan went to LOTS of jeep parts (4.88's and OX lockers front and rear) so thanks for paying for my Jeep parts EVERYONE My Jeep and I appriciate it (I'm not sure if the wide does though J/K)
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
khamill
1972 CJ5 

Hey neato- Where are you finding d60's for $550?
khamill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

84 jeep john that aint a cool thing to say. but well i understand everyone in my fam is military or government. no politicians. politicians are losers. haha. i can get RREEEAAAALLLLLYYYYYY cheap parts from dealerships, a local off-road shop and the junkyards. i do A LOT of business with them. thanks to my dad though he was lliterally a pioneer in the 70's and 80's. cause back then it was vans. they were the jeep down here. and he used to put solid axles on them and take them to sema and sell them. build custom lifts for stuff. well but back then most all lifts were custom. there werent a lot of suspension people. so hes all their good friends. i can get most stuff for less then jobber price. (dealer price)
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

just kidding john haha...anyways i am going to go the man way first DRIVETRAIN whoop whoop. but i still dont know which axle combination i want yet. its either gonna be d44-d44,d44-gm12,d44-gm14,d44-d60,d44-ford9,ford9-d60 to piss people off, ford9-ford9. d60-d60,d60-d70. OH THE POSSIBILITIES OF A AWESOME RIG.
Unread 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

You looking at doing rock crawlings? If not D44's should handle any rough trails you can hit, just my .02
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

a little. see here in ep. a lot of guys go to the warehouses and play around at the loading docks and the stairs. its fun just to mess around. but yea i am. the chile challenge is in the next city, las cruces nm well really dona ana county. same thing. im actually also gonna be a trail guide possibly for a really good local shop. so if i need it i might want it.
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
84jeepjohn
1984 CJ7 

[QUOTE=neatocj;5436499]84 jeep john that aint a cool thing to say. but well i understand everyone in my fam is military or government. no politicians. politicians are losers. haha. QUOTE]

ah well I WAS thanking EVERYONE cause your tax dollars do pay MY wages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatocj View Post
just kidding john haha...OH THE POSSIBILITIES OF A AWESOME RIG.
I take it you understood what I was getting at? Cause I am proud to be in the military (hell I DD a CJ HA HA) NOW GO GET THOSE AXLES and put them on TOPLESS
Unread 07-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #12
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

oh yea i understand. haha. well actually this weekend im going to tackle my 17 gallon rci auxillary tank. my cj only has a 10 gallon. so it is gonna have 27. lots o money. its goin under my rear seat. but im gonna remove it.
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #13
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Uncle Sam paid for my Jeep... all I had to do was 22 years in the Army..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

hey besrk whats you location. im gonna go and steal that beautiful bohemoth.....no seriously i am. haha just kidding....or am i. haha 22 years at that rate was it about a year a tire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.