Eagle Edition? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Eagle Edition?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
titanjeep
Member
 
titanjeep's Avatar
1981 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 315
Eagle Edition?

I am looking for some help with this one. My brother got my uncles 1980 CJ-5 after he passed away last year. The Jeep has some decals on it identifying it as a "Eagle Edition". I know that its not one of the major option packages (Renegade, Golden Eagle, Laredo, etc.), but I was wondering if it is one of those regional packages like the "Sunburst" or "Golden Buffalo". Google has turned up nothing. Has anyone seen this package before?









__________________
Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF183AD

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
walkerhoundvm
Registered User
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Little Apple, KS
Posts: 3,090
My guess is that it's a dealer add-on, but I swear I remember someone on here asking for a similar history, within the past 6-12mos.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
LeePrather
Registered User
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanjeep
I am looking for some help with this one. My brother got my uncles 1980 CJ-5 after he passed away last year. The Jeep has some decals on it identifying it as a "Eagle Edition". I know that its not one of the major option packages (Renegade, Golden Eagle, Laredo, etc.), but I was wondering if it is one of those regional packages like the "Sunburst" or "Golden Buffalo". Google has turned up nothing. Has anyone seen this package before?






What exterior color does your vin code say your paint was? Those decals are aftermarket and fairly new. The font doesn't match the time period and the color combination and design just seems too modern for the vehicle
LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
titanjeep
Member
 
titanjeep's Avatar
1981 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
My guess is that it's a dealer add-on, but I swear I remember someone on here asking for a similar history, within the past 6-12mos.
I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I would ask. I will also have to search the forum again and see if I can find any additional information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeePrather View Post
What exterior color does your vin code say your paint was? Those decals are aftermarket and fairly new. The font doesn't match the time period and the color combination and design just seems too modern for the vehicle
The paint is Bordeaux Metallic, which is a correct color for the year. You are right, the font looks modern. But the eagle looks like something from a 1970s Firebird.

Thank you both for your input.
__________________
Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF183AD

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
LumpyGrits
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Mojave Desert Palmdale Ca. U.S.A.
Posts: 4,800
Hope you fixed the flat tire.
LG
__________________
Have'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
WindKnot
Web Wheeler
 
WindKnot's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: , Northern Arizona
Posts: 2,902
Only flat on the bottom, Lumpy. All he has to do is turn it over!
__________________
Paved roads are just for getting you to the starting point!

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
titanjeep
Member
 
titanjeep's Avatar
1981 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits
Hope you fixed the flat tire.
LG
Why? It makes an outstanding theft deterrent
__________________
Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF183AD

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.