E-Brake hookup on Disc brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > E-Brake hookup on Disc brakes

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
NWA_CJ7
1983 CJ7 

E-Brake hookup on Disc brakes

Recently got a D-44 rear for the jeep and it has disc brake conversion the levers for the e-brake are on the calipers. How do I hook these up to the current e-brake setup (stock) do I need to purchase anything special to do it?

NWA_CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
ShovelheadDan

Man, there is no way that's gonna work. Send it to me and I'll get rid of it for ya.
ShovelheadDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
jimsCJ5
1978 CJ5 

What kind of calipers were used? Pictures?
jimsCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

actually you could probably hook up something fancy where the E-Brake had its own Master cylinder on it, but then it wouldn't tie into the existing setup very well I.E. you would only have front brakes from the pedal and back brakes from the E-Brake pedal....

doesn't sound fun to me... my $0.02 worth would be just put some wedges behind and in front of the wheels...

This would be a possible mod, but it would be very time consuming....

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

if there any thing like the tsm conversion disks on my amc 20 the an Eldorado caliper..There should be a little lever on the rearwar side I beleive..The stock cables seemed to work but needed a bracket for the part of the cable that is pronged that used to slide into the backing plate..Ill take a pic today if ya need to..
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
ovrlnd

if the calipers are the 80's caddy seville flavor like mine, I got a universal kit from lokar that worked great with only minor fab work on the factory YJ bracket to run the cables. I also recommend setting up the calipers with the rear inboard pad removed. I tried ratcheting the e brake lever with the inboard pad in place and the new pad would not allow enough movement to click to the next position on the lincoln rotors. where did you get the kit from?

another note I should mention is the seville calipers drained my rear resivoir on the m/c so I had to swap it out

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.