The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #106
toyfarm
2005 TJ Wrangler 

not really true story, but....
Police officer pulls a guy over driving 92 miles an hour in a 55. Officer says to gentleman, can you give me one good reason i shouldn't take you to jail? Gentleman responds, I'm sorry officer but a few months back, my wife ran off with a State Policeman, and i was afraid you were him trying to bring her back!

Next not so true story....
Police officer clocks 5.0 mustang running 120, so he pulls him over and walks up to the car! He says son I've been waiting on someone like you all day! The young lad, with a straight face replies, I got here as soon as i could!

toyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #107
Tewing04
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I got pulled over in my XJ after I got off work once at 1 am because I swerving, which I would say it was more body roll than anything. He asks me for license and registration and after a casual conversation he realized that I wasn't hammered out of my mind, and then begins to stare at my 35's and my cut fenders.

He says nice tires and I smile, he starts talking about flaps and fenders, then he starts really looking at my jeep and he responds with:

No mud flaps
No fenders
Cracked Windshield

He looks at me and tells me about the dangers and pulls out his little ticket pad..... his tone went from friendly to it's ticket time pretty quick...... Then he walks around the jeep and says WTH...... and notices the rest "illegal" things about my jeep.....

No rear view mirror
No front license plate light
Damaged tailight
Rack lights w/o covers
No front blinker cover

He stares at me...... and then hands me my license..... still staring...... he kind of chuckles and says, "I don't have time for this........ get it fixed." and walks away. I literally didn't get a ticket because it would have been too much paper work! Score!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1992-xj-build-988350/
Tewing04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #108
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Ok, not a Jeep, but still a funny story.

In my younger years my brother and I used to race velodrome (the Olympic style indoor bicycle racing on the wooden oval track).

The town I lived in was a plateau with a 4 block long hill that descended about 300 feet. As such, bicycle riders could get going a pretty fair clip by the time they reached the bottom. The road had a 55kph (35mph) speed limit. My brother got clocked at 75kph (47mph) on his track bike once.

I took my track bike out and headed down the hill. I got to the bottom and the wind whistling through the spokes and the air blasting past my ears made hearing much of anything short of a nuclear explosion next to impossible to hear. So when I got to the light about 4 blocks later and I slowed down, I was quite amazed to hear the sirens and horn of the RCMP car right behind me.

I jump the curb and grab the brakes. Mountie is so busy trying to figure out how I suddenly ended up behind him on my feet with my bike leaning against my hip, he doesn't see that he hasn't hit HIS brakes yet and plows into the back of a car stopped for the light.

Never did find out how fast I was going.

Another time I was driving my Oldsmobile Cutlass. There was something about the tire size and the shape of the fender linings made it so when I went through a puddle it would send ALL of the water flying out the side in a cascading wave.

I was driving along a new stretch of freeway which hadn't been properly equipped for drainage. As such there was a small lake along the left side of the road in the middle of a banked left had curve. There was a car to my right, so I had nowhere to go but right through the lake. I had braked from 65mph to about 55mph upon impact. After less than 50 feet of water travel I was under 35mph. My car chucked what seemed like over 1000 gallons of water over the cement divider at a 45 degree angle.

Right in the open window of the RCMP car driving the other direction.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #109
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Ok, not a Jeep, but still a funny story.

In my younger years my brother and I used to race velodrome (the Olympic style indoor bicycle racing on the wooden oval track).

The town I lived in was a plateau with a 4 block long hill that descended about 300 feet. As such, bicycle riders could get going a pretty fair clip by the time they reached the bottom. The road had a 55kph (35mph) speed limit. My brother got clocked at 75kph (47mph) on his track bike once.

I took my track bike out and headed down the hill. I got to the bottom and the wind whistling through the spokes and the air blasting past my ears made hearing much of anything short of a nuclear explosion next to impossible to hear. So when I got to the light about 4 blocks later and I slowed down, I was quite amazed to hear the sirens and horn of the RCMP car right behind me.

I jump the curb and grab the brakes. Mountie is so busy trying to figure out how I suddenly ended up behind him on my feet with my bike leaning against my hip, he doesn't see that he hasn't hit HIS brakes yet and plows into the back of a car stopped for the light.

Never did find out how fast I was going.

Another time I was driving my Oldsmobile Cutlass. There was something about the tire size and the shape of the fender linings made it so when I went through a puddle it would send ALL of the water flying out the side in a cascading wave.

I was driving along a new stretch of freeway which hadn't been properly equipped for drainage. As such there was a small lake along the left side of the road in the middle of a banked left had curve. There was a car to my right, so I had nowhere to go but right through the lake. I had braked from 65mph to about 55mph upon impact. After less than 50 feet of water travel I was under 35mph. My car chucked what seemed like over 1000 gallons of water over the cement divider at a 45 degree angle.

Right in the open window of the RCMP car driving the other direction.
Good thing you hopped the curb or you would have bee obliterated by that officer.
iDriveYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #110
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The stupidest thing: You wanna job?
The stupidest answer: Sure
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #111
bluecollarguy
1981 CJ7 

another story, same old 90 ranger.
probably around 10;30p and was on my way to the parents house with the same gf of the time and had to swerve into the other lane to dodge a vehicle that had pulled out of a drive too far and cut back right to make my turn and avoid the construction cone that had the inside lane shut down. there were no workers or any equipment in that area, just closed for when they finally got it it a few weeks later. The entire road i lived on is only like 1100' long, I get almost to my house and the cherries come on. I only have maybe 100' at extreme most to go so i just kick on the hazards and pull into my driveway. Roads barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass one another on the wider parts. Cop calls for back up and comes up and asks the usual and i give him everything he asked for. Tells me he pulled me over for reckless driving and he's been getting calls about me all night. I politely informed him that's impossible because I've been in a movie a few towns up (even offered my ticket stub as proof) and have only even been in the county for maybe 10 min much less this particular small city (I'm always respectful but not afraid to dispute trumped up crap). So then he asks me where i'm heading and I again politely tell him "Home". He asked me where home was and I informed him he was standing in my driveway. looked at me and then at my license, handed it back and said to have a good night. How many people can say they were pulled over in their driveway?
bluecollarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #112
mirra9112
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My story is not something dumb a police office said, but it is police officer related and that seems to be OK in this thread.

A buddy of mine and I decided to take our TJs to check out a local car show that we had not been to before.

We parked along the main street and we were surrounded by classic cars. We had the only two Jeeps besides an old military jeep.

My brother showed up a little later and we happened to both be wearing our Got Mud CNJ 4x4 club shirts, which say “got mud?” on the front. We were ordering hot dogs from the local fire department and two police officers were standing in front of us. One of them turned around and said, “Do you guys drive the Jeeps parked down the street?” I told the officer that I owned one and a buddy of mine owned the other.

He then said to us, “You know how your tires hang out past your fenders… well you can’t drive around like that.” Both of the Jeeps have flat fenders in the front and the tires hang out pretty far. I just looked at the officer and was speechless.

A few seconds later, before I had to say anything, he said, “I’m just kidding… how do you do that?” Turned out he also has a TJ that he plans to slightly modify with bigger tires. We ended up talking to him for 20 minutes about backspacing on wheels, wheel spacers, and Jeeps in general.

As many of the others have said, I do not have a problem with 95% of officers.
mirra9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #113
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewing04 View Post
I got pulled over in my XJ after I got off work once at 1 am because I swerving, which I would say it was more body roll than anything. He asks me for license and registration and after a casual conversation he realized that I wasn't hammered out of my mind, and then begins to stare at my 35's and my cut fenders.

He says nice tires and I smile, he starts talking about flaps and fenders, then he starts really looking at my jeep and he responds with:

No mud flaps
No fenders
Cracked Windshield

He looks at me and tells me about the dangers and pulls out his little ticket pad..... his tone went from friendly to it's ticket time pretty quick...... Then he walks around the jeep and says WTH...... and notices the rest "illegal" things about my jeep.....

No rear view mirror
No front license plate light

Damaged taillight
Rack lights w/o covers
No front blinker cover

He stares at me...... and then hands me my license..... still staring...... he kind of chuckles and says, "I don't have time for this........ get it fixed." and walks away. I literally didn't get a ticket because it would have been too much paper work! Score!
No RVM shouldn't matter as long as you have both outer mirrors on the sides. And front plates don't have to have a light.. Maybe that plate light was just typed wrong, but double check on the mirror thing for future reference

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #114
smasher159
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpZombie View Post
I've probably been pulled over about 10+ times for jeep related stuff, pretty much always because of no mud flaps (I have mud flaps now). But my favorite has to be when I was driving over to Eastern Washington to head back to school, and I was kinda zoning out (long *** boring drive), and got nailed in speed trap.

He pulled me over and went through the motions as far as the speeding, but after that he said "So how about these tires?" I had mud flaps at the time, but I knew that he was going to say something about the flares not covering them. So I just looked and the tires, looked back at him, looked at the tires again, and then said "well, they are round..." He just cracked a smile and tried not to laugh, and then informed me that I should *technically* have the tires covered by the flares. Ended up with a speeding ticket, but no fix-it tickets.

Pretty much every time I have been pulled over for mud flaps or flares the officers have been pretty chill. I think most the time they just happen to be bored, hoping to find a drunk red neck, or find somebody with warrants. So every time they just kinda mention in passing that I *should* get it fixed. One guy even said "You might want to get that fixed in case you ever get pulled over by someone that actually cares..." lol
\

you go to wazzu by chance??
smasher159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #115
mogul264
1996 XJ Cherokee 

For the gentleman who was asked by the guy in the TJ about door removal:

Tell him to remove the nuts from the door hinges, and the one behind the wheel!
mogul264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #116
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

"Is that four wheel drive?"
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #117
ezdan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
My Dad was a Texas state trooper when I was young. He told me to be as polite and honest as possible. Have all the necessaries ready for the officer when he reaches your window. I have followed his advice explicitly and gotten away with it. When I was younger, I was pulled over numerous times. Every vehicle I had was of questionable quatity, and worthy of suspicion. I was polite and accommodating and never got a ticket. Used to drive my friends nuts.
I think they call that "Passing the attitude test".
ezdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #118
Crazyray2929
1981 CJ7 

Going camping & fishing.
Posted speed limit 80.
Not in the Jeep but doing 90.
Lights and I'm busted.
Cop: Didn't you see the speed limit sign back there?
Me: Yeah but it was just a blur..
He busts up laughing and tells me to slow down,let's me go.
On the way back I'm in a pack of traffic and were in the fast lane passing slower cars...I get pulled over again for doing 90..Crap...same Cop.
Me: I was just going with the flow...I was in the middle!
Cop: I see your fishing pole..Ever catch all the fish?
I bust up laughing and did pay the ticket.
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #119
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bout 4 years ago in the heep before it was a true heep, had nice paint and rusted step bars. Mind you a 4cyl on 33's... I'm in traffic in SW Pennsylvania on the highway at the base of the hill im at 65mph (must have been a strong tail wind) at the top of the hill im down to 35 3rd gear and maxed out, speed limit is 50mph, crest the hill and start down, get to the red light and i get lit up, so i pull over in the shopping center...

Young Trooper: "Boy, do you know how fast I clocked you at?"
Me: "Not a clue, didn't think your gun went that slow"
Trooper (now with angry face): "I clocked you at 78mph"
Me: "Where"
Trooper: "Coming up the hill"
Me: Who was pushing me?
Trooper: Alright smart-*** license and registration
Me: Here..... then I picked up my phone and called the Barracks (only 10 minutes away and know the Corp)
Trooper comes back: It's gonna be a few minutes until I get your paperwork done, please turn off the vehicle, place your keys on the hood and stand at the back of your jeep
Me: Ok

Corp Arrives: Walks up, talks to the other trooper who had no clue i called. Then comes to talk to me with the other trooper. Asks me what the issue is. I told him I was supposedly clocked at 78mph heading up the big hill.

Corp: Care to pop your hood a minute for me:
Me: Sure
Trooper: For what?

Opened the hood, the Corp starts laughing, looks at the younger Trooper and says: "Son, if your gonna try to pass **** off like this, atleast make sure the vehicle could ever do the speed, he's got 4 little squirrels and sure as hell wasn't doing 78mph"

Trooper: Thats what I....
Corp: I have a YJ that is a 2.5 and a TJ that is a 4.0, both on 33's and neither can go over 70mph.... *******....

Corp to me: Nice jeep, see ya around!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #120
shabels1372
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is great ! wish i had a great story to tell.
shabels1372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.