The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #436
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Too many inputs that are missing the point. There is no disrepect for the boys in blue but boy the stupidity that happens in the name of the law almost belongs on Darwin! Case and point. It's not a Jeep story. I do have some more to post when I have the time but you'll love this one.

I had a Gran Prix. She was my baby and built to hall #%$#! I was in the process of moving and I needed some caffine to take the edge off what were becoming some very long days. I rolled up to the local 7-11 in my GP. As soon as I made the turn into the parking lot I knew I was in trouble. My foot went strait to the floor when I pushed the brake. My GP idled at 20mph and I knew at that minute the only choise I had was going to be ugly. I aimed my car at the huge cement trash cans that sit in front of all the 7-11 and pushed it through the window right up against the counter! No one was hurt. I got out of my car and the popo's were quick to get there. He asked me what happened with a little smirk. I explained that the brakes failed. He asked me how much I had to drink. I said nothing; not a drop. He started me doing the field sobrity test. Not satisfied that their could be a legitimate brake failure he got in the car and pushed on the brakes and they worked! He turns and ask "What kind of drugs have you been taking tonight son?" as so on until the cop was finally out of reasons to detain me. I was more then a little frustrated at his crass attitude towards me. I ask if I could pull the car out of the window and he insisted that it had to be him. I warned him that the car idled at 20mph and would take off like a bat out of hell. He got it the GP and threw it into reverse at the same time he put his foot into the break......that now that the car was running went strait to the floor. His patrol car was 4 car lenghts back and with delight I watched as the Popo who wouldn't listen to me now had an accident report to file on his own cruiser and my GP with him behind the wheel! He threw it into park as it was rolling back and as the parking pawl ratchetted tick tick tick and the inevitable crunch of the cop who wouldn't listen or trust me crashed into his own patrol car! Now he had to fill out 2 accident reports!

I have a bunch more. I love this thread!

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #437
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon View Post
Littering and.....littering and......littering and......smokin' the reefer!
Super Troopers!
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #438
cwsluggers1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Too many inputs that are missing the point. There is no disrepect for the boys in blue but boy the stupidity that happens in the name of the law almost belongs on Darwin! Case and point. It's not a Jeep story. I do have some more to post when I have the time but you'll love this one.

I had a Gran Prix. She was my baby and built to hall #%$#! I was in the process of moving and I needed some caffine to take the edge off what were becoming some very long days. I rolled up to the local 7-11 in my GP. As soon as I made the turn into the parking lot I knew I was in trouble. My foot went strait to the floor when I pushed the brake. My GP idled at 20mph and I knew at that minute the only choise I had was going to be ugly. I aimed my car at the huge cement trash cans that sit in front of all the 7-11 and pushed it through the window right up against the counter! No one was hurt. I got out of my car and the popo's were quick to get there. He asked me what happened with a little smirk. I explained that the brakes failed. He asked me how much I had to drink. I said nothing; not a drop. He started me doing the field sobrity test. Not satisfied that their could be a legitimate brake failure he got in the car and pushed on the brakes and they worked! He turns and ask "What kind of drugs have you been taking tonight son?" as so on until the cop was finally out of reasons to detain me. I was more then a little frustrated at his crass attitude towards me. I ask if I could pull the car out of the window and he insisted that it had to be him. I warned him that the car idled at 20mph and would take off like a bat out of hell. He got it the GP and threw it into reverse at the same time he put his foot into the break......that now that the car was running went strait to the floor. His patrol car was 4 car lenghts back and with delight I watched as the Popo who wouldn't listen to me now had an accident report to file on his own cruiser and my GP with him behind the wheel! He threw it into park as it was rolling back and as the parking pawl ratchetted tick tick tick and the inevitable crunch of the cop who wouldn't listen or trust me crashed into his own patrol car! Now he had to fill out 2 accident reports!

I have a bunch more. I love this thread!
lMAO!! That's a he!! of a story right there
cwsluggers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #439
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

"Apparently some meth heads have been stealing anhydrous ammonia fertilizer to cook their meth "-aggiejon
Why ya gotta be h8n on the tweakers? And I was gonna throw a few g's in your X-mas stocking.

DucST4, I was down your way summer of '09 to do the "Tail of the Dragon". 318 curves in 11 miles! Did it on my 99 Buel ST3 103hp at low rpms, like a jeep engine! Ran it hard right after it rained. Top heavy w/hardbags and topcase filled for the week long trip. Big sphincter pucker! You must have run it, no?
http://www.dealsgap.com/
Anywho, my cop story:
One day a state cop came in the HD dealer I worked @ briefly. In Pa, when you buy a new/used car, you get a paper that must be displayed in your back window. A temp registration. As a gag, we told the customers (only the *******s) that the had to tape it on the back of their jackets. Naturally these things would blow off as soon as you hit 45mph. Then these RUBS would go to the DMV for a replacement. They were informed that a motorcycle didn't need it on their coat, and a few became irate....insisting on a new one! Anyway this cop, knowing it was my smartassed idea could not ***** us out w/a straight face. The further he got into admonishing us, the more he started laughing, until everybody in the whole place was roaring. He later bought a custom from me, and still laughs about it.
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #440
DucST4

1984 CJ7 

Hey Hutch, I've ridden it twice and once in my buddies Miada. Taking his car was nice, you could have a beer at lunch, but there's zero comparison with my Ducati. Just like your Buell a V-twin, lots of torque, and great handling make for a great time in the Blue Ridge mountains. I live just outside of Athens, so it takes me 90 minutes to get to the mountain roads.
DucST4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #441
Black_Metal_Jeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon

Littering and.....littering and......littering and......smokin' the reefer!
That made my night.
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #442
rjgruetter
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
"Apparently some meth heads have been stealing anhydrous ammonia fertilizer to cook their meth "-aggiejon
Why ya gotta be h8n on the tweakers? And I was gonna throw a few g's in your X-mas stocking.

DucST4, I was down your way summer of '09 to do the "Tail of the Dragon". 318 curves in 11 miles! Did it on my 99 Buel ST3 103hp at low rpms, like a jeep engine! Ran it hard right after it rained. Top heavy w/hardbags and topcase filled for the week long trip. Big sphincter pucker! You must have run it, no?
Anywho, my cop story:
One day a state cop came in the HD dealer I worked @ briefly. In Pa, when you buy a new/used car, you get a paper that must be displayed in your back window. A temp registration. As a gag, we told the customers (only the *******s) that the had to tape it on the back of their jackets. Naturally these things would blow off as soon as you hit 45mph. Then these RUBS would go to the DMV for a replacement. They were informed that a motorcycle didn't need it on their coat, and a few became irate....insisting on a new one! Anyway this cop, knowing it was my smartassed idea could not ***** us out w/a straight face. The further he got into admonishing us, the more he started laughing, until everybody in the whole place was roaring. He later bought a custom from me, and still laughs about it.
that's just perfect!
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #443
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Anywho, my cop story:
I've run The Dragon quite a few times now on quite a few different bikes, most recently an FZ6 and my Nighthawk 750. My favorite 4 day weekend involves renting a cabin near there and doing a cloverleaf ride in all four directions. So much of that area is wild and beautiful...apart from wheeling I can't really imagine a better vacation.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #444
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
I've run The Dragon quite a few times now on quite a few different bikes, most recently an FZ6 and my Nighthawk 750. My favorite 4 day weekend involves renting a cabin near there and doing a cloverleaf ride in all four directions. So much of that area is wild and beautiful...apart from wheeling I can't really imagine a better vacation.
I rode from Pa to the Dragon on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Best. Ride. Evah!
Through my shop I have acces to everytning from my DD '04 FXDL making 106HP om pump gas, to the WCC CFL that I built (mostly kit, some fab). I do a lot of maint work for guys just trying to get down the road on old bikes. Which bring me to your NightHawk. My buddy is selling his mint/showroom 82 Yamaha XS 1100. He has a Duece, Ducati SS 750 and a gorgeous Henderson Excelsior. Anyway, I'll often trade-off to ride the XS1100. Those old UJMs are a ball. Smooth power and a flexy frame. So fun to ride hard in corners. Like a BBC in a vega! If you do that well, and you can ride anything anywhere.
You guys must have a blast down there! So many pretty places for Jeeps and bikes. Up here on Potholesvannia a 21" wire wheel ain't got a chance! Ride hard, & be safe
hutch1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #445
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

One day I'll probably get to add some stories from behind my Jeep! But for now I've got a few others.

Through high school I got to drive a 1967 Chevelle SS, needless to say I got a little reckless at times. If memory serves me right I got pulled over in it at least 6 or 7 times. First was for reckless driving. The cop that pulled me over had pity and let me go. My favorite is when I was pulling out of a gas station onto the main road. Speed limit was 30, i came out about 40, got pulled over a mile down the road. Officer:"You came out of that gas station a little hot." All I could do was smile and replied "You know these old cars, just get away from you". The officer chuckled and let me go with a warning.

Was pulled over a few times for broken tail lights that weren't actually broken, I think they just wanted a look. All the times I've got pulled over in that Chevelle, never once did I get a ticket, I thank the car for that.

While hunting this year, we had a group with an enormous bull drive past our camp. Half hour later they are driving the opposite way. Stopped and told us the CDW Officer was making them go back to show where they shot it. At camp we were pretty angry over the whole thing. Come to find out it was an outfitter, and the elk was shot on public land, which is a big no no. The officer was actually nice enough to let the hunter keep the elk, but I'm sure that outfitter got hammered. Reminded me sometimes I need to be not so quick to judge.

Jered
Bojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #446
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I was driving to work when a cop ran my tags when I waved him through a 4-way intersection (it was his turn to go, but he was sitting there), and saw my license was expired (another story).

Officer: "I wouldn't have noticed you, but you waved at me and it made me suspicious. People aren't usually nice to cops."

Me: "I'll remember that next time."
Agony Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #447
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA95YJ View Post
I'm an avid runner and about 2 years ago i was training for the Atlanta Marathon. I had gotten dropped of 13 miles from home and was about halfway back home early in the evening when a cop comes rolling past me rather slowly. Now mind you, this is rural georgia and the county sheriff is a close family friend. Anyhow, the cop pulls over about 50 yards in front of me. As i go running by, he asks me to stop. I stop, even though i didn't want to as i was keeping a good pace and had just gotten my second wind. He says that he had a report of a theft of a tv in the area. I laughed and held out my hands and said "no tv here." He then asks me for my drivers license. I explain that i don't have my driver's license considering i'm RUNNING, not driving. So he takes all my information - name, address, etc., and pulls away. I hadn't gone another mile or two when the cop comes flying by me and pulls over in front of me, cutting me off, with his lights on. He says "Sir, your story doesn't add up." Confused and irritated, i say "which part?". He says that i don't live at the address i gave him. I say "Well, officer, I most certainly DO live at [address] and that's exactly where i'm headed." Again, he asks me for my license. I say "i'm RUNNING, i don't have my license because i'm not DRIVING!" I calm down and politely ask him to radio into the station and ask to speak to the sheriff. He does and i can hear the sheriff come in on the radio. I ask to use the radio and, after hesitating, he hands me the handset. I talk to the sheriff, again whom i know personally, and explain the situation. Shortly after the officer's cell phone rings. He answers and quickly begins talking very politely - come to find out it was the sheriff on the other line. He hangs up, tells me to have a nice night, and drives off.
I was training barefoot one night at maybe 3 or 4 am and a cop passed then flipped a u turn and asked what I was running from. Nothing officer, I'm just running.

I also got pulled over for driving on rural roads late at night with out of state plates... they thought I was poaching. He actually followed me for a few miles and called an additional unit before flipping his lights on... I must look threatening

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #448
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

SOooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
I was training barefoot one night at maybe 3 or 4 am and a cop passed then flipped a u turn and asked what I was running from. Nothing officer, I'm just running.

I also got pulled over for driving on rural roads late at night with out of state plates... they thought I was poaching. He actually followed me for a few miles and called an additional unit before flipping his lights on... I must look threatening
So you admit you were running after the deer...at night!
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #449
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So you admit you were running after the deer...at night!
Two completely different instances one was in Fl the other in IN.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #450
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
Two completely different instances one was in Fl the other in IN.
You ran that far for a deer?

My hat is off to you, I just wait in a hide for them to come to me.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.