The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #331
mylittlecj5
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post
I just found this thread and I'll have to say it has a lot of awesomeness!
I have one for you, and will probably think of more later.
I was driving home from work one day and when I was getting off the interstate, I saw a car broken down in the middle of the off ramp..............

Someone had seen my jeep on the bank and called it in as a crash. The cop sent the ambulance away, and he sat there talking with us until we got the other guys car running.

That reminds me of another time I had a ridiculous conversation with a cop.
A buddy and I had just installed a rebuilt engine in an old Ford truck I had. Got it running and went to test it out. Got as far as the onramp to the freeway (less than 1/4 mile from the house) and it shut down going UP the onramp. So we backed it back down and got it off the road to not impede traffic. As soon as we stopped there was a cop car behind us. Went thru the usual stuff, explained that it died and we were headed to the house to get another truck to tow it home. He proceeded to inform us that it was illegal to back a vehicle down an onramp. Really? So I should have left it to block traffic? Called a tow truck? I could have it gone by the time they got there....
He gave us some crap, but we finally convinced him that it wasn't a big deal and he even gave us a ride to the house to get the other truck! Sometimes they can see the light in front of them...

Default Jeepers Club #10
mylittlecj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #332
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Not in a jeep but PURTY DUMB..
Summer 01 or 02 I think,.. I managed a fullservice carwash location for 11 hrs a day 6 days a week. Many of those days being a 100 degree or so. After a long day at work I pull up to my house park my truck in the drive way get out and go check my mail. As I'm walking to the mailbox a sheriff deputy pulls up and gets out and says. Are you the owner of this house, I reply YES.(KEEP IN MIND ITS HOT AND I"M TIRED) Then he asked if anyone was home. I replied NO,I just got off work. He then says that he busted a party two houses down and some of the under age drinkers ran through my back yard. I said OK AND??? He replys If there are under age people drinking on my property he is going to take me to JAIL.

I told him as I'm walking off "Look I just got off work and If he needs to take someone to jail then he needs to catch the underage drinkers." That SORRY SOB didn't even go in the back yard and look for the criminals.

Some of the cops out there(specially the ROOKIES) have this new found glory of POWER..and are a pain in the @ss. In my opinion the cops that actually do their job properly and respectfully are the one that have been in law enforcement for 10 plus years.
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #333
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

This post and replies is full of really great stories. I had told one earlier, but I do have another one I like to share.

This involves my mother getting pulled over. Now just to give you an idea she's in her mid-60's drives the speed almost all of the time, hugs the right side of the road driving over the median. You look at her car and the right side of it is just knicked and scratched and dirty from the road debris.

One day she's driving on a local road which has an extremely steep hill especially driving down where you can easily speed if your not on the brake or downshifiting and she gets pulled over. The following exchange takes place:

LEO, "Do you know why I pulled you over?
Mom, "No Sir"
LEO, "You were speeding I clocked going 10 over"
Mom, "I'm Sorry"
LEO, " Licence, Reg and ins?"
Mom - hands over the info
LEO, Stares at her info as he walks to his car then just stops. He walks back and says, "Are you Ponch's Mom?"
Mom, "Yes I am."
LEO, "Oh wow your Mrs. K, I am real sorry, you go now and have yourself great day. This part of the road can be a little tricky anyway you tell Ponch I said Hi. "
Mom, Smiled

It's nice to have good friends looking out!

- Side note my mother does much volunteering for the community so in my youth it was because of her that I got off some very minor traffic infractions lol!
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #334
nectoxicdragon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Heh, did you read the original post completely? Trust me, I have full respect for law enforcement. My dad was a cop. I did 2 years as a Master At Arms in the Navy.

But the two instances JeepHammer recited should have earned those two LEO's a stenciled "L" on their foreheads for the day!!
Some "porkies" have no clue, OR sense of humor!
I was at the airport picking my sister up, STOPPED in a loading zone,getting back in my TJ after putting her luggage in the back, just as I'm putting the key back in the ignition, a punk azzed county boy comes running up to my doorless side and starts reading me the riot act for squealing the tires and starts to demand my license so he can write me up. Other than the fact that the engine had been of for almost five minutes and my flashers were still on, the 'sooper trooper' had one problem... he never even bothered to look me in the eye... I was his TO when he was a rookie.
In the same vein of totally stupid LEOs, The night I picked up my brand new '06 TJ, just as I pulled out of the dealers lot with a whopping 3.4 miles on the odometer, a dipstick donut drunk local cop pulls me over for having headlights that were "too bright", and then tried to write me up for not having plates... the state required dealer listed plates weren't online yet... they were just filled out and punched in to the computer. As we were arguing about his ineptitude, the system updated, and holding a badge of a department of superior jurisdiction and rank I was able to brow beat him into calling it in rather than using the terminal, knowing a disregard would be issued due to the temporary plate status... I was wrong. The DMV system updated, and the dispatcher replied with my info... the fool was so flustered he handed me my license and said "just forget it" and drove off... Just proves we aren't infallable even when we know how to play the game...
nectoxicdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #335
nectoxicdragon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1330 View Post
Not in a jeep but PURTY DUMB..
Summer 01 or 02 I think,.. I managed a fullservice carwash location for 11 hrs a day 6 days a week. Many of those days being a 100 degree or so. After a long day at work I pull up to my house park my truck in the drive way get out and go check my mail. As I'm walking to the mailbox a sheriff deputy pulls up and gets out and says. Are you the owner of this house, I reply YES.(KEEP IN MIND ITS HOT AND I"M TIRED) Then he asked if anyone was home. I replied NO,I just got off work. He then says that he busted a party two houses down and some of the under age drinkers ran through my back yard. I said OK AND??? He replys If there are under age people drinking on my property he is going to take me to JAIL.

I told him as I'm walking off "Look I just got off work and If he needs to take someone to jail then he needs to catch the underage drinkers." That SORRY SOB didn't even go in the back yard and look for the criminals.

Some of the cops out there(specially the ROOKIES) have this new found glory of POWER..and are a pain in the @ss. In my opinion the cops that actually do their job properly and respectfully are the one that have been in law enforcement for 10 plus years.
AMEN! I was in a local mom and pop shop and rob picking up some last minut supplies for a camping trip one friday evening, and some "youngsters" came in trying to exchange a warm case of beer (five fingered no doubt) for a cold one. Old guy behind the counter gave them the boot seeing some kind of scam. I was outside jurisdiction, and couldnt act but didnt need to... the got caught with the beer as they were getting in their car. Hot shot local comes into the store intent on busting the proprietor for selling alcohol to underaged idiots. even with my input and ID it took FIFTEEN MINUTES to get the local cop to understand that the minors did not buy the beer there, as the store did not even carry that brand. At that point the local insisted that he was going to cite the store owner for NOT taking the beer away from them. I had to ask what state code covered that one because I could put it to use atleast five times a day when I am patrolling the county parks... He looked at me like I was speaking Martian... The store owner called the station and had the Chief come down and take care of things... it seems HE was the chiefs father in law... I'd like to get a peek in THAT personnel file!
And for the record Yes I was driving my TJ that weekend!
nectoxicdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #336
Joe6
1979 CJ5 

I got one for you guys. Not a jeep but still good. My daily driver is a 2001 dodge 2500 cummins. Its not stock by any means. Anyway, I'm driving up a hill in my hometown after work, go through a stoplight that was orange and like everyone else I get on it a little bit just to make sure I beat the red. Speed limit is 25 and I'm probably doing 30-35mph. I see blues in the rear view so I stop. My truck has a turbo timer on it so it takes about 20 seconds to shut off depending on how hot it was. I pull over and the cop comes running up to the window, hand on gun, yelling at me to shut the truck off. I turn the key off and it continues to run (it has to cool off to 325*) He yells again, turn the truck off and grabs my door handle. Well the doors automatically lock at 15mph so hes tugging on the handle trying to get at me. The truck finally shuts off and I step out. He says you know I paced you at 40mph going up that hill? He then said I had to do 40mph just to catch you. I then said, "If I was going 40mph, and you were going 40mph, you would've never caught me. We would've been going the same speed." He says again, I got you going 40mph. I said,"Well sir, you just broke every law of Physics". I got 2 tickets out of it. haha
Joe6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #337
Willis107
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am a cop i say dumb stuff all the time!
Willis107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #338
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis107 View Post
I am a cop i say dumb stuff all the time!

Heat of the moment its always hard to think of a coherent statement. My pet peeve is that after the situation cools of a bit and there's no more danger (i.e. the truck shut off and the guy gets out) They still try and argue their mistakes.
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #339
Willis107
2006 TJ Wrangler 

haha i drive a jeep i dont pull over jeeps lol, and its an easy job, treat people with respect, and use common sense, and humor when possible.....
Willis107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #340
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You sir are the 10% of cops out there I like working with and have the upmost respect for. There is this cool col in Leominster, MA. he is the only one who seems to wave to us EMS guys so one morning I dropped him off a coffee, just for being wicked cool and never been a dink to us. I think be appreciated it.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #341
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

its more like 90% good cops 10% bad, the reason it seams worse is the good guys dont stop you just for the hell of it. so the only reason you run across the good guys is when your really need them
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #342
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

not a jeep story but this happened to me 20 years ago just as I was getting out of the Army. I was on seperation leave(on a 2 week leave before my final discharge) got a good deal on a Porsche 928 from another service member getting ready to deply over seas, going back to the house I get stopped and the officer asks me the normal you know why I stopped you? and I replye no sir. he asks for my Licence, Reg and ins which I give him also my Military ID (my license had been expired for 5 years) you dont need to renew your license while on active duty a faxed copy for my insurance and the paper work where I had just purchesed the car. He comes back 10 minutes later with 7 tickets, 1 for improper tag display(the temp plate was taped to my window), expired license , expired registration, no insurance and expired safety inspection, plus 2 I cant remember what for, and told me I was lucky he didnt run my in and impound the car.

I took the tickets and when I got home called JAG. they told me to go down the next morning and take care of the items then go to the court house and contest all and demand a trial by jury, if the carges where not dropped to call them back. I did all that, when I got to the court house first the clercK said I had to come back in a month on the date on the ticket. I pointed out it said on or before and I would wait, about 15 minutes later the court clerck came out and said they would dismiss 6 of the tickets and all I would have to pay for tem was a $10 dismissal fee, and but I would have to pay the expired license fee since it was clearlly expired, I explained that with my military Id my license can not expire by federal law plus I was not guilty of any and wanted a trial for each and that I needed to know when the trial was so JAG could be there, he went back in too the court room and came back out 5 minutes later in a grumpy mood, told me all tickets were dismissed and have a good day. When I got back home I called JAG and told them what happened.

As a follow up from this, about a month later there was a big story on the front page on the sunday paper about how this town was busted by the state police for running a scam on motorists
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #343
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

cop: that doesn't look street legal... is it?
me: want to see my inspection?
cop: what good will that do?
me: it'll tell you if i passed inspection

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #344
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

5 or 6 years ago, we were in the UP of Michigan, on a snow sking trip. They get a adverage of 17 feet of snow. Its February 7pm, going out to eat with the wife and daughters. I'm driving my F350 Crew cab long bed. Hotel parking is empty, looks like a good donut place. So I wipe a 360. Wife says why do have to do that. I say cause its fun.
Trucks stops 30 feet from the hi-way. The Officer was sitting at a light, with traffic. Flips his lights on, and stops in front of me, walks up the door, and sayes aren't you a little old to be doing donuts, (I was 50) and your wife agrees.(she is shaking her head back and forth, like they do.)
I replied I didn't think so
He then says, "you know you could hit a dry spot, (ya right) and flip your truck.

I reply, ok officer, and he left.

I wanted to say, you know what, I've been doing donuts since before you were born. It had also just snowed 5" in he last hour.

1968, family trip to Pikes Peak, I'm about 13. Dad is a Korean Air Force Vet. We went on a side trip to the Air Force Acadmey, just driving thru, looking
AP pulled dad over. O, dad was discharged in "52"
AP - Good afternoon sir
Dad- hello Officer.
AP- Sir I'm stopping you because you are out of uniform. Dad had a power blue, short sleeve button down shirt on. (Like a Military dress shirt).

Dad explained why, AP said have a good vacation and left. Nothing dumb said, but I thought a good story
I remember being scared.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #345
Yams
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cop stories...I have a ton of them, being an over the road trucker.

North Carolina.. back country shortcut towards the west
Never knew it, but it freezes in the south
I'm on some serious Ice, around midnight, 18 wheels looking to lose traction.
Coming up on a small town, the speed limit is 45
I'm doing maybe 35, being cautious with the unknown.
In the median ahead I see some headlights turn on.
The vehicle in the median pulls out (ahead of me),
and takes off down the road. He ditches back into the median again to try and tag me again. I'm watching all this take place, and I even slow down more to soak up what is going on.
I pass by him and he pulls out and hits the lights.
I pull over, the ******* jumps up on my boards and tells me I was
doing 55 in a 25 zone. He then proceeds to ask me if I want to see the radar screen. I say "hell yeah".
I get out we walk back to his car, I get into the dummy seat and I say
"where is it?".
Cop: I don't have to show it to you.
Me: Fukc you, you don't have it.
Cop proceeds to mess with me, and starts the ticket writing process.
Meanwhile, the finger jabbing starts, I'm in this bastard like stink on shyt. He's back into me with his shyt. Back and forth...back and forth.

Let me pause for a second: It is highly illegal to carry a gun in a commercial vehicle, stupid law, but is serious trouble. We all carry out there, And guns have saved many a truck driver in crap hole spots. If I would have refused the ticket, this a-hole would have taken me in, and impounded my truck. I would have been looking at a $1,000 bill by morning, much worse if they would have searched my rig

Anywho, I'm letting this jackwagon know how corrupt he is, and that his sister sux in bed. But I'm gonna suck up this incident. for self preservation.

I feel the cop got his revenue for the night; he knew the odds of a trucker from colorado getting a load back to North Carolina, to make a specific court date. So it was free money to his crap town.

So.... to the cop that pulled this stunt, I hope you suffer from colon cancer, and die a miserable, slow death.
Yams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.