The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #241
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

Do you have a license?

yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #242
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

First off I didnt actually get pulled over however i feel everyone could get a kick out of this...I went to a local bar and the lot was full so i parked in front of this shallow ditch. Well after i had some drinks i decided to leave. as i get into my ZJ people are stopped at a stop sign blockin me in with my only option out is to go through the ditch. Im in a Jeep is a shallow ditch why the hell not. I had forgot it had rained earlier that day so the ditch wasnt full of water juss really soft ground. as i pull through i get stuck...sad i know...even my 4WD couldnt get me out, i juss kept diggin myself deeper. eventually a cop pulls up with his lights on, im thinkin great this should be great. at this point im covered in mud trying to dig my way out and the cop asks "having fun?" i juss looked at him and then went back to diggin. finally after getting out (took an F150, which got stuck tryin to pull me out, and a Chevy 2500) the cop comes up to me and tells me "i was goin to give you a ticket but i feel like this was punishment enough" and juss leaves....i go back into the bar to have another beer (on the house) after all that.

the cop was actually cool bout the whole time. yea he was crackin jokes here. he has a CJ-7 himself he so understood the "It was a Jeep Thing"
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
R.I.P. Ratmonkey...Your now wheelin with the angels
VolcomPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #243
Superjeep3

1984 CJ7 

In my senior year of high school I got my first jeep (79 cj5). I drove my brother and myself into town about an hour away. We had not made it to far into town when I was pulled over. The officer asked my if I knew why he had pulled me over. He told me the tags on the jeep were trailer tags, and they were expired. He also looked and saw that the inception sticker had expired. After running my information he came back and asked me where I was going. I told him I was on my way home with my brother. He told me he was going to let me off with a warning, but he made me take the tags off the jeep.

I have rarely had a bad experience with police. I am always polite and respectful, and try to joke with them a little.
Superjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #244
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Got stopped in my Jeep in Bangkok by the cops a few years ago. Now this is hardly unusual, a shakedown and a few Baht change hands and off you go. Except I do not pay which usually causes them a real problem as it means they have to spend hours filling out paper work, that could be spent shaking down motorists. Most times I get away with it.

My opinion of traffic cops could not be lower, they are scumbags, but sometimes they know what they are talking about. On the up side they get paid buttons and in Bangkok you need a reasonable income to live and so do their wives, children mistresses etc. hence shake downs are an accepted means of supplementing that income.

Now in Thailand there are several stickers you need on your windscreen, they are in Thai and look very official and are for insurance, tax etc. They are annual so one year my new insurance sticker turns up and I slap it in the Jeep.

Coming through the expressway booth the next day I get pulled over by a cop. "You got no tax" was his opening statement. Now, being one of the largest contributirs to the Royal Thai Government coffers (honestly) at the time I took exception to this.

"No!!!! You wrong, me pay" motioning towards my windscreen tax sticker in an an imperious manner.

"No no, no tax"

I told him I only spoke English at this stage, it seemed safer and often works. However this did not stop him, he started puling vehicles over at random and got a collection of frightened Thai motorists and their vehicles in a line up. He marched down the line pointing at one sticker on each screen, except one where he started ranting at the poor fella driving.

After a while it dawned on me that maybe these guys had a slightly different set of squiggles on their stickers (apart from that one guy). Oh crap, he has got me, I have two insurance stickers but no tax, I must have changed the wrong one.

I decided at that point honesty was the best policy "Oh, not my car, wife's. She Thai, she make big mistake." (Not true on most points but best I could think of)

This put the poor guy in the position of admitting that Thais must be stupid and illiterate, something he would not admit in front of a foreigner.

At which point, honour done, he let the queue of traffic disperse and let me go with a warning. "You pay tax krup"

And that is the best story I can tell about driving in SE Asia that would be allowed on this Forum. Driving in Thailand for years was fun, I discovered how to open beer bottles with my car keys whilst driving there.... obviously for my passengers. In Indonesia it has always been about not paying off cops, easy as mine is an ex MP Jeep with a General's name on the log book. In Malaysia it is about avoiding polce road blocks, in Myanamar it is avoiding being shot.
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #245
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Sounds like I wouldn't want to be over in those areas...

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #246
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A few years back I was driving my moms civic, I had just left a friends birthday party and was taking another friend home, where I was going to spend the night, well as I was driving passed the high school I saw an officer standing beside his suv I drove past doing 45 in a 45 well as I came around the corner sped up, because I thought the speed limit went up to 55 and then saw the cherries behind me, so I pulled into the local park and got all my info together, he walks up and I give it to him,

Cop: why where you doing 60 mph do you know the speed limit.
Me: No reason sir and I believe 55 is the posted speed.
Cop: Well you where still speeding, (to alex the passenger) whats your name and date of birth.
Alex: Why do you need my info I'm not part of this.
Cop: Shut u an give me your ID
Alex: I don't have an ID or license officer but (he gives info)
Cop: where are you coming from
Me: A friends birthday.
Cop: Where was it?
Me: Killeen in my neighborhood.
Cop: why are you going in Harker Heights then?
Me: To take him home.
Cop: where is he coming from?
Me: same party
This went on for like 3 minutes then he leaves to his car and rushes back saying you got lucky I have a call.

So we drive off thinking wow we got off, so I leave the park and get on the road speed limit is only 45 I guess I was super speeding well the cop follows me I take the left onto his street so does the cop I pull into his drive way the cop stops across the street and turns his lights off, I call my mom to tell her the story the two county officers and nolanville cop and 2 more Harker Heights cops pull up. WTF We have cops walk up to us hands on guns wanting to know about a robbery and wanted criminal matching our description short with shaved heads, I'm 5' 10 and alex is 6'1 both of us had shaggy hair. They start asking me about whats in a box in the backseat of my moms car I say paper work they ask to search I said "No your wasting my time" well they keep asking me where I was what I was doing 15 minutes ago and I point to an officer and say ask him he had me pulled over for speeding. after about 1 hour of confusion, they realized they wanted the neighbor across the street. Those cops where claiming they had us on video robbing some house yadda yadda nothing happened We laugh about it now. But seriously about 9 officers and not one looked at the address.
iDriveYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #247
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveYJ View Post
A few years back I was driving my moms civic, I had just left a friends birthday party and was taking another friend home, where I was going to spend the night, well as I was driving passed the high school I saw an officer standing beside his suv I drove past doing 45 in a 45 well as I came around the corner sped up, because I thought the speed limit went up to 55 and then saw the cherries behind me, so I pulled into the local park and got all my info together, he walks up and I give it to him,

Cop: why where you doing 60 mph do you know the speed limit.
Me: No reason sir and I believe 55 is the posted speed.
Cop: Well you where still speeding, (to alex the passenger) whats your name and date of birth.
Alex: Why do you need my info I'm not part of this.
Cop: Shut u an give me your ID
Alex: I don't have an ID or license officer but (he gives info)
Cop: where are you coming from
Me: A friends birthday.
Cop: Where was it?
Me: Killeen in my neighborhood.
Cop: why are you going in Harker Heights then?
Me: To take him home.
Cop: where is he coming from?
Me: same party
This went on for like 3 minutes then he leaves to his car and rushes back saying you got lucky I have a call.

So we drive off thinking wow we got off, so I leave the park and get on the road speed limit is only 45 I guess I was super speeding well the cop follows me I take the left onto his street so does the cop I pull into his drive way the cop stops across the street and turns his lights off, I call my mom to tell her the story the two county officers and nolanville cop and 2 more Harker Heights cops pull up. WTF We have cops walk up to us hands on guns wanting to know about a robbery and wanted criminal matching our description short with shaved heads, I'm 5' 10 and alex is 6'1 both of us had shaggy hair. They start asking me about whats in a box in the backseat of my moms car I say paper work they ask to search I said "No your wasting my time" well they keep asking me where I was what I was doing 15 minutes ago and I point to an officer and say ask him he had me pulled over for speeding. after about 1 hour of confusion, they realized they wanted the neighbor across the street. Those cops where claiming they had us on video robbing some house yadda yadda nothing happened We laugh about it now. But seriously about 9 officers and not one looked at the address.
I wanted to read it...so I did read it...but I have no idea what your talking about...

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #248
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys01TJ

I wanted to read it...so I did read it...but I have no idea what your talking about...
Me neither...I'm actually very confused right now....is the sky falling?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using JeepForum

The CJ Express
Don't argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

"100 BUX" Build Thread
SgtJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #249
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

i got the story...cops had the wrong address for a wanted burglar
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #250
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomPunk View Post
i got the story...cops had the wrong address for a wanted burglar
Thank you, if I want to type poorly I suppose I should include foot notes or a "moral of the story" moment but I got lazy I apologize for the lack of coherency and ability to complete a thought. I guess I should have followed more proper writing procedures when attempting to write a dialog of events.
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #251
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

we should turn this into a vote

who has the funniest/least likley to be BS story
hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #252
Bakunin
1985 CJ7 

My story was true guys. I am hazy on a few things or I'd have included them. For instance I believe there was a bit of debate in the parking lot as to who would drive the car and who would ride the motorcycle. I believe my pal lost that debate so the gun went into the car where it could be concealed better. But I'm hazy on that part of it. It's been a few years since He told me that story.

I'd ask him, but... not too worried about it.

I have more stories which involve even more foolish miscreants, but some of them make me shake my head and wonder what kind of friends I keep. Funny, no doubt, but so anti-social...
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #253
iDriveYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
My story was true guys. I am hazy on a few things or I'd have included them. For instance I believe there was a bit of debate in the parking lot as to who would drive the car and who would ride the motorcycle. I believe my pal lost that debate so the gun went into the car where it could be concealed better. But I'm hazy on that part of it. It's been a few years since He told me that story.

I'd ask him, but... not too worried about it.

I have more stories which involve even more foolish miscreants, but some of them make me shake my head and wonder what kind of friends I keep. Funny, no doubt, but so anti-social...
We all have friends like that you just seem to know yours better, or they are more inclined to tell of there mislead adventures.
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #254
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveYJ View Post
Thank you, if I want to type poorly I suppose I should include foot notes or a "moral of the story" moment but I got lazy I apologize for the lack of coherency and ability to complete a thought. I guess I should have followed more proper writing procedures when attempting to write a dialog of events.
i didnt find anything wrong with your typin...i juss kept up with the story
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
Unread 07-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #255
Tephladon
1982 CJ7 

I got pulled over in my cj7 on the way to work about 4 years ago. It was 3am and I was on my way to work. I come off the highway like I usually do, downshift and hit the corner without breaking. Unbeknown by me the car behind me was a cop. I don't know what the deal was but he swung wide, almost lost it, recovered, got behind me and turned on his disco lights. I pull over and leave my park lights on. First he said I was reckless. I said I never broke traction so he backed off on that charge. Then he said that I did not have a light over my rear license plate. I just turn and looked my ever brightly shining left rear lamp then looked back at the cop grinning. He turned beet red and said "get the f**k outta here. Gotta love the simplicity of that old lighting design.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.