The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #181
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i got two
me and some buddies were messing around on google maps and found an old formula race car track outside of town, so we figured out the roads and drew out a map to get to it, keep in mind its about 15 miles from town and kinda out by itself and abondoned. that night we gassed up my TJ and hit the road. well when we found our turn off the road there was a locked gate in our way , however instead of there being a fence atached to said gate there was a 6 foot ditr levy on both sides. so me in my youthful wisdom just dropped it in 4LO and crawled into the ditch and over the levy no swett rite. so me and the buddies drive around the track for a couple laps get board because its a jeep not a race car and we decide its time to leave. so we get back on the trail to leave, about 50 yrds from the gate some one (later found out it was a cop) jumps out of the bushes beside my jeep, this scared the hell out of me so ( once again youthful wisdom kicks in) i floored the pedal in an effort to escape, it worked untill i looked up and TADA big F-ing gate in the middle of the road. i see the trail we made when we came around the gate the first time and decided to take it again, but this time i had not taken into consideration my high rate of SPEED. well as your guessing we experianced massive air and a rough landing on unforgiving pavement (somehow nothing broke) and to top that off as soon as i get the jeep back under controle the area around us just ignites with red and blues. we were drug from my jeep at gun point, handcuffed and searched.but the worst part was the VERY VERY pissed lady cop all up in our faces telling us how we were about to spend a week in jail and she was inpounding my jeep and what not . . . weeeeell to get to the good part of this story my buddies dad was good friends of the land owner who called the cops and the land owner called off the cops. all but two of the officers left one took the handcuffs off of us and gave us our belongings back, as he is handing us our belongings his phone goes off and his ring tone is "BAD BOYS" off of the tv show cops well we start laughing and so do the cops. the mood lightens and one of the officers makes the comment " how did you do that " and i simply replyed "its a jeep" and for the next 20 minutes we all sat around talking about my jeep

hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #182
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ just so yall know and dont jump all over me my parents had been called before i made it home and i was grounded from my jeep for 3 months plus some other things and yes i know it was stupid, lesson well learned.

second story
i was in my jeep but there is noooo cop involved in this story, even worse, my mom cought me. . .
this time it was around 11:00pm and me and my buddies were cruising around on the loop, top down doors off, and we come up on a guy on a motor cycle and i get the bright idea to have my buddy grab the wheel and i hang out to knuckle bump the friendly motor cycle rider. we all thought it was pretty cool even the guy on the motor cycle laughed and smiled and nodded his head in aproval . unfortunatly my mom was in the car behind us and she did not find it soooooo awesome. once again they took my keys and i learned to always ckeck my mirrors before being dumb
hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #183
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74 View Post
last septemeber(homecoming) i left a party with my girlfriend. i was getting gas at a cumbies at 11:10 at night. i see a cop go down the road and i was like whatever, then he turned around and pulled in the gas station. he then positioned his car in front of my jeep and turned his lights on. once he realizes im standing there pumping gas he moves to the other side of the gas pumps and leans out the window and starts talking to me.
cop:"How old are you?"
me:"16 sir"
cop"you have a provisional license?"
Me:"yes sir"
cop:"any adults in the car?"
me:"no sir"
cop:"anyone in the car?"
Me:"yes sir...my girlfriend"
cop:"any adults?"
me:"no sir"
cop:where are you coming from?"
me:"a friends house"
cop:"are there any adults in the car?"
Me:"no sir, just my girlfriend and i"
cop:" then can i talk to your girlfriend?"
me:"umm....sure"
at this point, i was up to my jeep and tell my girlfriend to come with me and go talk to the cop
cop:"how old are you and do you have a license?"
girlfriend:"i am 17 and yes i have a mass license"
cop:"do you have it on you?"
girlfriend:"no"
cop:"alright what is your name and DOB?"
my girlfriend tells him her name and her DOB...but when she gave him her DOB, she messed up the year she was born. i was about to slap myself in the head.
cop"alright, so here is the deal. (to me) once you get back in your car and pull out of this driveway, im going to pull you over, write you a ticket, and tow your vehicle. the other option is to have your girlfriend drive you and your vehicle home. i dont want to see her pull over and you guys switch. OK?
me and girlfriend:"OK sir"

he never gave a reason for any of this...

Are you on a juniors license or something? Not aware of your states laws but in Pa we got that.
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #184
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Buch of years ago, I was driving my CJ7 in the Seattle area. I had just sold my hard top and and was waiting for my new soft top to arrive so all I had was a bikini top (no doors). Was ocotober-ish, cold and raining ( Seattle sunshine) thus I was in a bit of a hurry to get home and might have been a bit heavy on the skinny pedal... and cue the police lights.

Cop walks up and looks me over.
Me shivering in my ski coat and gloves and drenched from driving down the highway in the rain.
Cop: son do you know how fast you were going?
Me: um no, but give me sec, picked up my little ice scraper and squeeged off my my speedo glass and tried to figure out where the needle might have been pointing.
Cop: never mind, you were speeding. License and registration please.
Me: hand him my license "the registration is in the lock box be hind the rear seat, may I go get it?"
Cop: (deep sigh) yes.....

Got out, went to the back grabbed a screw driver I had rolling around in the back and proceeded to work on the "behind the seat trunk" locks as I had left the key at home. This was one of those cheap particle board boxes so the locks were pretty cheap. 5 minutes later I had the first lock open and started working on the second lock.

Me: going to be just another minute or two, almost there.
Cop: (glaring at me as the rain pours off the front of his hat) hands me my license says "slow down next time" and walks away muttering under his breath.

Guess he didn't want to stand in the rain any more.
Unread 07-21-2011, 05:00 AM   #185
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not in my Jeep and I didn't find this funny, but two years ago I was pulled over for going 83 mph in a 65. I'm 100% positive to this day that I was going 73 mph. I was in my Civic, that has a LARGE digital display. It clearly said 73 mph and I wanted to note this to the cop that drivers in these cars are well aware of their speed. She ended up giving me a warning as I know she knew I wasn't going that fast, and that she didn't find anything as she was just fishing. What a waste of time.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #186
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I about forgot this one... It was really a NON-Event...

Coming home from the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in Kentucky,
Link: http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

We were driving a restored MB, .30 Cal Browning mounted on top with a canvas cover over it,
.50 Cal. M2 in the back with barrel poking out of the bed,
20 or so ammo cans laying around and about 2,000 spent brass laying all over the place...
Thompson M1 in the windshield boot, M1 Garand in the side boot...

Cop pulls us over just getting on the interstate trying to get up the first big hill...

Cop, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Us, "No Officer, the speedo only goes to 45 MPH"

Cop, "Do you have any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?"

Us, "Not counting the 4 or 5 machine guns strapped to this thing?
OH, and some Tylenol..."
I rattle the bottle of over the counter Tylenol...

Cop, backs up, takes a look again and reaches down, puts his hand on his gun...

Cop, "Keep your hands where I can see them"
Calls for back-up...

15 minutes later, we have half a dozen state troopers around the vehicle,
One old crusty master trooper with about a dozen hash marks on his sleeve and a 'USMC' tattoo on his forearm is fingering the M1919 topside with nostalgia in is eyes...

The YOUNG cop that pulled us over never noticed the belt fed weapon on top under it's FITTED canvas cover,
And never looked in the back to see a M2, several rifles...

And the older cops that showed up couldn't wait to handle EVERYTHING for a little bit!
(All Former Military)

(YES! We all have paperwork on EVERYTHING, but no one bothered to look at it!
The older cop asked if we had paperwork, but never asked to look at it.)

The ORIGINAL REASON for getting pulled over...
49 in a 55 zone (remember when the country had a 55 mph speed limit?) while everyone else was running 65 mph...
The old MB wasn't a power house and pulling some of those hills was SLOW work!

Anyway, passed out cards, invited all the guys to the machine gun shoot in the fall and NO TICKETS!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #187
ZJ_flexxxer
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
I about forgot this one... It was really a NON-Event...

Coming home from the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot in Kentucky,
Link: http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

We were driving a restored MB, .30 Cal Browning mounted on top with a canvas cover over it,
.50 Cal. M2 in the back with barrel poking out of the bed,
20 or so ammo cans laying around and about 2,000 spent brass laying all over the place...
Thompson M1 in the windshield boot, M1 Garand in the side boot...

Cop pulls us over just getting on the interstate trying to get up the first big hill...

Cop, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Us, "No Officer, the speedo only goes to 45 MPH"

Cop, "Do you have any drugs or weapons in the vehicle?"

Us, "Not counting the 4 or 5 machine guns strapped to this thing?
OH, and some Tylenol..."
I rattle the bottle of over the counter Tylenol...

Cop, backs up, takes a look again and reaches down, puts his hand on his gun...

Cop, "Keep your hands where I can see them"
Calls for back-up...

15 minutes later, we have half a dozen state troopers around the vehicle,
One old crusty master trooper with about a dozen hash marks on his sleeve and a 'USMC' tattoo on his forearm is fingering the M1919 topside with nostalgia in is eyes...

The YOUNG cop that pulled us over never noticed the belt fed weapon on top under it's FITTED canvas cover,
And never looked in the back to see a M2, several rifles...

And the older cops that showed up couldn't wait to handle EVERYTHING for a little bit!
(All Former Military)

(YES! We all have paperwork on EVERYTHING, but no one bothered to look at it!
The older cop asked if we had paperwork, but never asked to look at it.)

The ORIGINAL REASON for getting pulled over...
49 in a 55 zone (remember when the country had a 55 mph speed limit?) while everyone else was running 65 mph...
The old MB wasn't a power house and pulling some of those hills was SLOW work!

Anyway, passed out cards, invited all the guys to the machine gun shoot in the fall and NO TICKETS!
haha i used to live down the street from KCR and my dad was pretty good friends with the owner. he used to mail us free tickets for the machine gun shoot ever spring and fall.

here's a vid that captures alot but definitely not everything they have to offer

94 ZJ Laredo--lifted 4.5", rocker rails, front end/t-case/gas tank skids, tube doors, wj knuckle/brake swap, soft 8's, 32x10.50 tsl's [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-la-re-do-rebuild-thread-1212129/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
87 MJ Comanche--zj d44 rear w/ disc brakes, wj knuckles/brakes w/ drilled & slotted rotors,6" lift in progress [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/zj_flexxxers-manche-build-1349142/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
90 XJ Laredo--D.D., satin black paint job, 15" ecco's, the redheaded step child of my jeeps
87 XJ Wagoneer--R.I.P. =(

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtHicksVideos"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][U][SIZE="5"]SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/SIZE][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]
ZJ_flexxxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #188
toyfarm
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I get irritated when people come down on our police officers, saying that
they don't care about others. Well, here is a story that clearly shows not
all cops are in that category.

This story involves the police department in the small hill country town
of Fredericksburg, TX who reported finding a man's body last Saturday in
the early evening in the Pedernales River near the state highway-87
bridge. The dead man's name would not be released until his family had
been notified.

The victim apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while
visiting "someone" in Kerrville . He was wearing black fishnet stockings,
a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, and an Obama T-shirt.

The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary
embarrassment.
(They hid it in a CJ-5)

See there, Texas police do care.
toyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #189
noahlon
1968 CJ5 

Are you sure it wasn't a Wrangler? I don't think a CJ5 can carry that much BS!!!!

Last edited by noahlon; 07-21-2011 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: spelling
noahlon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #190
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyfarm View Post
I get irritated when people come down on our police officers, saying that
they don't care about others. Well, here is a story that clearly shows not
all cops are in that category.

This story involves the police department in the small hill country town
of Fredericksburg, TX who reported finding a man's body last Saturday in
the early evening in the Pedernales River near the state highway-87
bridge. The dead man's name would not be released until his family had
been notified.

The victim apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while
visiting "someone" in Kerrville . He was wearing black fishnet stockings,
a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, and an Obama T-shirt.

The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary
embarrassment.
(They hid it in a CJ-5)

See there, Texas police do care.
Why's it gotta be a CJ-5? Why couldn't it be a Kia or a Yugo?

Fred

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #191
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

This isn't a Jeep story, but it's the only one I have that's worth mentioning:

My wife and I got pulled over about 10 years ago. She was driving, and as far as I could tell we were not speeding or doing anything else wrong. The cop approached the driver side and asked for her license and insurance. Right after that he asked us both to put our hands on the dashboard which was a real surprise. So, we complied and put our hands on the dash. A minute later, 3 other cop cars showed up with their lights spinning. At this point we're really confused about what the problem is. Several cops are standing near our car. So we wait. After about 3 or 4 minutes the cop comes back to our car and apologizes and says that our license plate was mis-read and they thought we were driving a stolen car.
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #192
rcking323
2004 WJ 

i would just start laughing at that point
rcking323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #193
Nereussailor
1984 CJ7 

Quite a few years ago, I was living in Illinois where the Route 66 speedway is now. I was heading out to my inlaws to do some work on my Jeep. As I approached the last stoplight, it was just turning yellow, so I hit the gas and flew through it. The next thing I see is a county cop coming up behind me with lights and sirens going. So I pull over and give him the usual documents. The only thing he said was "wait here" as he took them and walked back to his car. A few minutes later he came back, handed me the papers, and said "Yellow means stop, red means stay there" he went back to his car and just left.
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #194
T Hoff
1975 CJ5 

[quote=duckbone;11848610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittlecj5 View Post
I had a cop tell me once he doesn't write tickets to Jeep drivers but confessed he occasionally pulls one over just to check it out. I did get two tickets for not having bumpers a couple days apart, I asked the cop if he had ever seen bumperettes that Jeep called bumpers and he didn't know what I was talking about. Then I told him my tires were my bumpers. He didn't like that one too much. This thread is really funny.
That has happened to me twice. I got Pulled over once because teh guy was pretty sure it was a fiberglas body and wanted to ask some Assembly questions.
The second time I was pulled over because the Cop knew it was a Jeep and wondered why there was a Chevy Bowtie in the Paint Scheme.

Kind of cool except I didn't need the nerve rattler of getting pulled over for doing nothing wrong.
the 1991 X is my newbie with 331K on the clock: bought OCT.'03 with 183K
http://home.lyse.net/brox/TonyPage4.html
T Hoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #195
theredmonster
2012 JK Wrangler 

not a cj but funny. i was once pulled over by a tx state trooper for illegal window tint on my 99 tj. at the time i didnt know why i had been pulled over so i asked y and he simply relied illegal window tint and i aske how is that? (its june at the time and the top and doors were off) he simply replies that i had 3% tint. i comly explain i have no tint and the only glass i have is the windshield. he simply replies that im the only brand new white crew cab chevy he has seen with tint that dark. i have no chevys at all and by this time the coworker parked be side me is on the ground laughing. but this guy never seemed to realize that this jeep was ten years old and was red with no top no doors so he lets me go with a warning and he says next time to have seatbelt on when im pulled over but the funny thing is i was already out of the jeep when he pulled up behind me id been out of the jeep for ten minutes i was parked next to a late 80s ford wtf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.