The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #166
saintk99
1995 YJ Wrangler 

im a LEO too, and no defense there are some guys out there that did get their lunch money taken from them and should not be wearing a badge. but for the most part we love our job and give the normal, everyday person a break. i know i am out hunting the "criminal element", looking for the people that are victimizing you, selling drugs and stealing your items.

we have a hard job. no one likes us, 99.9% of the people we deal with lie to us, so please remember we don't trust anyone. after a cop gets a few years under their belt they have heard every story out there.

saintk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #167
91whiteYJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

about a year ago I was down in Ocean City, MD, the local beach destination. 3 of my friends and I were in my jeep, no doors or top, looking for somewhere that didnt have a 3 hr wait to eat. I get pulled over, I know i wasnt speeding because there was nothing but traffic and I was probably doing about 5 mph. The cop tells me he pulled me over because I didnt have doors, ok I guess I'll buy that. After he hands me the written warning "Willfully and intentionally removing a safety device without administrative approval" looks back at me and says "actually do you mind if i search your vehicle?" since he asked I told him he already wasted enough of my time and his and he didnt need to spend another hour wasting time and drove off. No where near as good as some of the others here, but another story to add to the thread

02 TJ
(I'll fill this in another time)
91whiteYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #168
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

That 's the nice part of a CJ - doors were usually options!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #169
stormer1092
1994 ZJ 

So I gotta story.

In a town close to me i was pulling out onto the highway when the cop was in the other lane from where i was pulling out. It was night time and he had one of those low profile dodge charger and of course it was black. So he decides to pull me over. He walked up to the window and asked "do you know what I'm pulling you over for?" like they always do. So he says "I pulled you over for pulling out in front of me." I did no such thing I know for a fact he changed lanes and sped up, I watched him do it. So he is handing me my stuff back and he asks me if MY CAR IS LEGAL. Its like really? you tell me. Take this into account its the day i put my rims and exhaust on. But c'mon really cops? I would think they would need to know about cars to be a dang cop.
stormer1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #170
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Did you say you'd like to cite him for no turn indicator when he changed lanes as you were pulling out? Improper lane changing or failure to indicate lane change.. whatever the technical wording is..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #171
GEaviation
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
This didn't happen to me but I know it's a true story. The participants were foolish, but that often makes for a good story.

I have a pal who stopped drinking when he woke up in prison in Germany. Needless to say he had some good stories leading up to that point.

He and a pal were in a restaurant in Oakland drinking scotch starting around noon. Around midnight they decided to leave. My pal had ridden his motorcycle and was carrying his handgun. He is a total gun freak, very into handloading and such.

So, he took a few laps walking around the parking lot to see if he could sober up. He was sure he couldn't so he had the presence of mind to hand his gun to his friend, got on his motorcycle and proceeded to drive across the Oakland/SF Bay Bridge. He told me he was so hammered that he had to ride with one hand over one of his eyes.

On the SF side of Treasure Island he got pulled over by a cop. I guess he wasn't driving very well and the cop saw him with one hand over one eye. So my pal was run through all the drunk tests. Say the alphabet backward, lean back on one foot and hold your hands out, etc... and he passed every test. The cop told him he didn't care if my pal could pass the tests since he could smell scotch on his reeking breath so he was calling out a blood unit.

Around this time shots were fired somewhere nearby so the cop rushed back to my pal and said "You live less than a mile from here. Here is your license. You go directly home. I am going to stop by later to check that your bike is there. If I ever see you out here again you are going straight to jail."

The cop sped off.

So, somewhat sobered up by this experience and shaking from adrenaline, my pal limped home and counted himself lucky.

A few minutes later his friend came in and basically said "Oh, they let you go! I saw you get pulled over so I exited the bridge, went down to the water and emptied your gun into the bay..."

Like they say, a friend will help you move; a real friend will help you move a body.
now that is a good buddy!!!
GEaviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #172
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

when i was leaving work one day i saw a cop on the left parked on a side street while i was at a red light..so i look over and i see two cops staring me down the light turned green so i went.. the cop floored it behind me and pulled me over..i was thinking what did i do wrong?...the two cops come up and the one was like do you no why i am pulling you over? ..and i said uh not a clue.. and the cop responds telling me i have no front license plate.. i was like uh dude i have one you better look again.. the cops said no and started saying something about my inspection being out of date..so i tell the cops ..why are you guys changing your mind now?..are you mad you were wrong and i was right?...then the cop gets all nervous because i was talking back to him and didnt know what to say to me..so he walked to his car.. and wrote me the ticket for inspection hah so retarded

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #173
LordSul
1975 CJ5 

Im realizing that cops are same everywhere in the world.
Where I live(Cyprus, tiny island in mediterranean sea), traffic unit cops are mean and somewhat dumb, and havent got the slightest idea about cars and engines.

I was stopped couple of months ago for "loud exhaust" and was ticketed, bare in mind the roads over here are full of french, german and mostly small 1.3lt japanese cars, so these guys arent familiar with big engines. What was he expecting to hear from an old 3.8lt american engine?

I studied in Phoenix, AZ, had some "lovely" experiences with them AZ cops, man AZ laws are mean.. From traffic violences ofc..
[B][COLOR="darkgreen"]76' Jeep CJ7[/COLOR][/B], [B][COLOR="White"]AMC 232[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR="Navy"][B]Weber Carb 32/36[/B][/COLOR], [B][COLOR="White"]TeamRushed[/COLOR][/B], [B][COLOR="Red"]MSD6[/COLOR][/B], [B]33" Maxxis Mudzilla[/B]

[COLOR="darkGreen"][B]"Tear down the walls of Nicosia"[/B][/COLOR]
LordSul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #174
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

This story is funny however, it doesn't involve a Jeep; at the time I had an 87' Dodge Dynasty. A while back I went to visit my best friend at York College (back home he had a reputation of being the "Teflon Don" when it came speeding tickets).

Anyways, we had consumed a couple of cocktails at "Fat Daddys Bar" and walked out while being accompanied by a few extra female guests.

I threw my best friend the keys, (he had the least to drink so he told me) and told him to take it slow and ez. - Well..,

We all get in the car, he starts it up and he just punches it out of the parking lot. After a minute of yelling at my friend a unmarked car all of the sudden takes off gets right up our a$$. Lights go on and we get pulled over and the 2 officers walk up to the car. The following dialog takes place:

Cop, " Son, are you some sort of rocket scientist?"
Friend, "No Sir, I am a criminal law student at York College."
Cop, "Who is the owner of this car?"
Me, " I am sir, and I am too drunk to drive and my friend is an A$$hole"
Cop, "Are you sure your ok to drive tonight?"
Friend, "Yes sir, I apologize if I pulled out too fast."
Cop, " Well, ok just becareful there are a lot of nuts walking around here tonight."

We leave.

Me, to my best friend "Are you a f$%^ing Idiot or something?"
Friend, "Laughs!"

As far as the women company, that's another story lol!
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #175
BSaint
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A couple years ago i was driving to the park to play basketball. It was dusk and i was going to play under the lights. I'm driving down the center of an empty side road (there are no lines on the road). I get to the park and park my jeep. My music and blasting and my windows are shut. A cop pulls up beside me and rolls down his window. I see his mouth moving but can't hear because my music. I put up my pointer finger indicating for him to wait a second. I turn down my music and look back at him. His mouth is moving again but I cant hear him. I put up my finger again to indicate for him to wait a second. I roll down my window. The cop says "you were driving on the wrong side of the road". I blankly stare and him and say ".....oh?....." He then drives off without saying another word. I was only driving down the center of the road because there were no street lights and I figured its safer to drive down the center than on one side since there were sidwalks on either side.

Another time i got pulled over in a parking lot. So i pulled into a parking spot. the cop came over and reprimanded me to not park my car after getting signalled to pull over because it could get me shot. He said he could have thought I was trying to double back to shoot at him. I guess putting your vehicle in a parking spot and shutting it off is considered a 'drive by' threat.
BSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #176
javoresku
2000 WJ 

Not in a CJ, but still a fitting story. One morning I am driving my WJ to work. It's a single lane road, very heavy traffic, usualy doing less than 5mph. I know this so I am on a dirt road and come to the intersection with the single lane road where I have to make a right to merge. The police car is around a hundred meters away on the oher side of the road and suddenly he turns on the lights and siren and stops right next to me. After the usual license and registration stuff, the following dialog takes place:
Cop: "Where are you going?"
Me: "I am going to work."
Cop":"Why are you driving there?"
Me:"Cause there is less traffic."
Cop: "I can write you a ticket for not driving on the road." (BS!)
Me: "Can you give me the legal definition of a road?"
Cop: "Ummm, no. Can you?"
Ме: "Legally, when someone uses a piece of land for driving or walking, its a road. So if you write me that ticket, It will be dismissed in court."
Cop (stunned, gives me back my paperwork): "Next time use the road."

Yes, that is how dumb the law is here. This is the actual wording of the law, the bolded being the dumb part.
"Road" means any land area or facility designed or used for the movement of vehicles or pedestrians.
javoresku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #177
ZJ_flexxxer
1994 ZJ 

lol some of these are great, this thread is pretty funny. i've got a pretty funny story about my zj.

so once a year here in louisville we have "street rod nationals", it's a huge convention/car show that happens once a year in which ppl from all over the country come to. it's one of the biggest car shows in the country and at that time of year of course it's a huge thing for everyone to get out there hot rod, lowrider, trail rig, etc(anything cool and modified) and ride down close to the convention center and watch all the old hot rods and historic cars cruise around the nearby streets. theres a bowling alley with a huge parking lot nearby that alot of ppl park at a just sit and watch. so i took the doors off my zj and drove down(there were quite a few heavily modified jeeps there believe it or not)and i park mine flexed out up on a little concrete ledge type deal in the parking lot(it was about a foot and a half tall) to show off a little. so we walk around and look at some cars because the whole parking lot is like a massive car show and watch some guys show off on the street,etc. i come back 2 hrs later and i have a parking ticket on the jeep lol. so i'm like whatever, it's 25 bucks.

so then the next night i'm riding back down there again in the jeep(since saturday is usually a little more lively than friday)and i'm nearly there sitting at a red light with my g/f, doors off of a zj remember and a cop pulls up next to me. i just act casual, i'm a little worried about him saying something about my doors being off since it's not a wrangler. he yells over "hey" and i'm thinking oh **** lol. i look over and he then says "you gonna park that thing right tonight?". so thinking this cop hates me because i parked the way i did i just try to be respectful and say "yes sir". he then replies "man i hated to give you a ticket but that crazy old woman at the bowling alley wasn't having it any other way". i laughed my *** off and said "that's okay" and drove off as the light turned green.

94 ZJ Laredo--lifted 4.5", rocker rails, front end/t-case/gas tank skids, tube doors, wj knuckle/brake swap, soft 8's, 32x10.50 tsl's [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-la-re-do-rebuild-thread-1212129/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
87 MJ Comanche--zj d44 rear w/ disc brakes, wj knuckles/brakes w/ drilled & slotted rotors,6" lift in progress [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/zj_flexxxers-manche-build-1349142/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
90 XJ Laredo--D.D., satin black paint job, 15" ecco's, the redheaded step child of my jeeps
87 XJ Wagoneer--R.I.P. =(

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtHicksVideos"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][U][SIZE="5"]SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/SIZE][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]
ZJ_flexxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #178
AppSt59Dave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_flexxxer View Post
lol some of these are great, this thread is pretty funny. i've got a pretty funny story about my zj.

he then replies "man i hated to give you a ticket but that crazy old woman at the bowling alley wasn't having it any other way". i laughed my *** off and said "that's okay" and drove off as the light turned green.
gotta love little old ladies. it must have blocked the view from her Town Car!
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #179
theskier74
2001 WJ 

last septemeber(homecoming) i left a party with my girlfriend. i was getting gas at a cumbies at 11:10 at night. i see a cop go down the road and i was like whatever, then he turned around and pulled in the gas station. he then positioned his car in front of my jeep and turned his lights on. once he realizes im standing there pumping gas he moves to the other side of the gas pumps and leans out the window and starts talking to me.
cop:"How old are you?"
me:"16 sir"
cop"you have a provisional license?"
Me:"yes sir"
cop:"any adults in the car?"
me:"no sir"
cop:"anyone in the car?"
Me:"yes sir...my girlfriend"
cop:"any adults?"
me:"no sir"
cop:where are you coming from?"
me:"a friends house"
cop:"are there any adults in the car?"
Me:"no sir, just my girlfriend and i"
cop:" then can i talk to your girlfriend?"
me:"umm....sure"
at this point, i was up to my jeep and tell my girlfriend to come with me and go talk to the cop
cop:"how old are you and do you have a license?"
girlfriend:"i am 17 and yes i have a mass license"
cop:"do you have it on you?"
girlfriend:"no"
cop:"alright what is your name and DOB?"
my girlfriend tells him her name and her DOB...but when she gave him her DOB, she messed up the year she was born. i was about to slap myself in the head.
cop"alright, so here is the deal. (to me) once you get back in your car and pull out of this driveway, im going to pull you over, write you a ticket, and tow your vehicle. the other option is to have your girlfriend drive you and your vehicle home. i dont want to see her pull over and you guys switch. OK?
me and girlfriend:"OK sir"

he never gave a reason for any of this...
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #180
AppSt59Dave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSul View Post
Im realizing that cops are same everywhere in the world.

I was stopped couple of months ago for "loud exhaust" and was ticketed, bare in mind the roads over here are full of french, german and mostly small 1.3lt japanese cars, so these guys arent familiar with big engines. What was he expecting to hear from an old 3.8lt american engine?

I studied in Phoenix, AZ, had some "lovely" experiences with them AZ cops, man AZ laws are mean.. From traffic violences ofc..
WOW! The 232! I thought that was a mythical creature!! Every time i go to the parts house they always ask which motor i have and i smile every time because Ive never seen one!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.