The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ... - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The DUMBEST Thing A Cop Has Said To You While Driving Your CJ...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #136
Flajeeper1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have a retired FHP officer who tells the story of stopping a good looking, large chested blonde who was speeding. (This occurred in the 1970's) While writing the ticket the blond kept rubbing her chest on his arm. He said he was writing real sloooowwww. The blonde says "I'll do anything to avoid a ticket". My friend said "Maam, I started the ticket and can't cancel it. but if you keep doing that I'll pay half the ticket".

Flajeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #137
dust_webbs
1991 XJ Cherokee 

one time i was coming home from ex gf grandparents house about 2 and half hours away we left there about 1230 am Christmas eve so it was Christmas dropped the gf off on my way home about 45 mins way im dead beat tired. i get about 5 mins from home i look up and see head lights coming my way i look down and i see the speed at 85 and say ooo $!@$ i stop have my licenses and registration before he even gets turned around and stopped

cop do u know how fast you were going
me no officer i was pry speeding
cop well you were can i see your drivers licenses
me i handed him every thing
cop well every thing looks good do u know how much the ticked will be before i answer him he says over 300 then he say drive safe marry Christmas.
dust_webbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #138
Glion
2004 WJ 

didnt realize only cj s
Glion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #139
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

I was probably 17 at the time, lumbering up a hill at 10 or 11 at night coming home from a friend's house. Had to get up to speed on the downhill side to make it up the hill on the other side and I got pulled over for doing probably 45 or so in a 35. I was so nervous I had no idea what to do it was the first time I had ever been pulled over. Officer comes over to the vehicle and I had been with my father a few times so I had watched him be polite and I tried to mimick that. I offered the correct documents and he asked "And I'd like to know why you're not wearing your seatbelt this evening" I gestured to the lap belt that was secured and I told him "Its a 79 sir, it didn't come with many options" and he just sort of mumbled something, told me to drive more carefully and sent me on my way. Really getting the itch to be driving it again though and I'm sure I'll get into more trouble once I do since that is just the way things work!
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #140
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

OK, Everyone that keeps saying "ONLY CJ's".........

This thread has been really entertaining to me and many others, and although I am not the OP, I don't think JH would mind reading more entertaining posts, even if not a CJ.. He may feel free to correct me on this..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #141
Bakunin
1985 CJ7 

I had to drive into San Francisco for work one day in a new car. It still had the dealer plates on it as the license plates had yet to arrive. Parking in SF is a pain in the behind during the day. Anyway I got a ticket for not having a license plate!

So I wrote to the city of SF and said hey guys, the car is new, I don't have plates yet, what gives?

They sent back a letter saying they had reviewed it and that I needed legal plates and that I owed them a few hundred bucks.

My dad's an attorney so I let him handle the rest. He sent a letter stating what had happened, that the plates had yet to be issued by the State, and he requested to know who had reviewed my case, what procedures they had used, which vehicle code they were citing and about 10 other questions.

Within a week I had a letter stating that the officer had made a mistake and that my ticket was canceled.
Unread 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #142
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

You southeast guys will relate to this one.

First you spin your tires. Then you get pulled over. But you pull into a convenience store lot to get off the busy street.

The cop walks up to the car and asks what do you think this is, a racetrack?

All you can do is look up at the convenience store's sign. And back at the cop. And back at the sign. And so on.

And then he realizes, yes, this is a Racetrac. A Racetrac convenience store. And the break in his anger buys you a break on the ticket. Written warning. Yesssss........
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #143
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Foundrydude,

Yikes!!

I'm glad all turned out well. An unplanned 360 in a Jeep is no fun at all...been there, done that, don't want to again.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #144
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have two interesting stories about being pulled over in my Jeep-

1) I had a cop pull me over probably because he assumed I was drunk (it was 2 AM at the beach so I dont really blame him). Realizing I was sober he began to question where my doors were. I played dumb and respoded along the lines of "Oh I guess that makes sense because the mirrors are on the door, wow how dumb of me". He them goes on for ten minutes explaining how I dont need doors, or mirrors, but the real reason is because I need interior door handles. I have no idea where to even begin understanding that. He gave me a warning so I cant complain.

2) Years ago when I was slightly less intelligent I was doing some illegal wheeling (I realize now its wrong and haven't done it since) in a popular spot around my area. Myself, three people in my Jeep, and a filled up Cherokee spend somewhere along the lines of 4 hours back in the woods of this place riding over anything we could find. Most of the people were also doing their best to finish off a bottle of Jack Daniels, thankfully I choose not to drink. We finally get bored, and run out of liquor, so decide to leave and drive out of the woods to where you can hop back on the roads. Just then I notice they are in the process of doing some construction and there is essentially a muddy oval track that I absolutely needed to play in. After I absolutely cover my jeep in mud I return to the end of the court to meet the Cherokee and just then we see red and blue lights. I proceed to do the obligatory facepalm and wait to be bent over by the police. Cops pull everyone out of both cars, run every single license, tell everyone other than the two drivers they smell like a brewery... I then watch one of my friends nearly vomit on one of the cops. The cop then grabs me and walks me closer to a "No Trespassing" sign, flashes it with the light and asks if I can see it. "We'll officer I can see that sign". I then ask to grab his flashlight, he gives it to me. Pointing at each sign i say "Officer I saw that sign, that sign, that sign, that sign, and that sign". I then point to the construction area and say "but theres no sign over there". He gives me a pretty funny look, takes his light back, walks over to where I pointed and looks for a sign for about 2 minutes. He comes back, says "I guess your right", writes me a warning and tells me to wash my Jeep.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this was all in my CJ
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #145
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

some one told me the other day that their friend got stopped at an immigration check point. the officer walked up to the window and said papers. so the guy in the car said scissors i win. the cop didnt find it funny and he had to pull over and go through all that fun stuff.

idk how true the story is but i thought it was really funny
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #146
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackcammel View Post
some one told me the other day that their friend got stopped at an immigration check point. the officer walked up to the window and said papers. so the guy in the car said scissors i win. the cop didnt find it funny and he had to pull over and go through all that fun stuff.

idk how true the story is but i thought it was really funny
Last summer some friends and I were driving from Sierra Vista to Tombstone. We got stopped by the border patrol at a checkpoint. I am one of the whitest boys from Southern PA. I lowered all the windows of the car and presented the hispanic female agent with our military ID cards, figuring it would be a quick and painless experience...I was wrong. This was our exchange:

Border Patrol Agent: "Sir, are you from this country?"
Me: "You're joking, right?"
Border Patrol Agent: "No, Sir, I'm not. Are you here legally?"
Me: "Of course I am, I'm a Sergeant First Class and have been in the US Army for 19 years!"
Border Patrol Agent: "That means nothing, Sir. You could still be illegal and be in the military."
Me: "Well I can assure you that I'm originally from PA."
Border Patrol Agent: "I don't know what that is, Sir."

Now, maybe I'm just ASSuming, but I always thought that everyone knew what and where PA was.

Me: "Are you kidding me???? Are you really serious or are you just proof that we're hiring any imbecile to stand here now? Let me ask you, are YOU here legally?"

By this time, her supervisor came out, because I was irate and raised my voice....yeah, I know, asking her if she was here legally was a peckerhead thing to say, but my tolerance for stupidity is pretty low. I'm on Lexapro now and much better.

The Border Patrol supervisor told her to give us our military ID's back and he apologized. I never did see her again at that checkpoint.

Fred

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #147
SgtJensen
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLynes View Post
Last summer some friends and I were driving from Sierra Vista to Tombstone. We got stopped by the border patrol at a checkpoint. I am one of the whitest boys from Southern PA. I lowered all the windows of the car and presented the hispanic female agent with our military ID cards, figuring it would be a quick and painless experience...I was wrong. This was our exchange:

Border Patrol Agent: "Sir, are you from this country?"
Me: "You're joking, right?"
Border Patrol Agent: "No, Sir, I'm not. Are you here legally?"
Me: "Of course I am, I'm a Sergeant First Class and have been in the US Army for 19 years!"
Border Patrol Agent: "That means nothing, Sir. You could still be illegal and be in the military."
Me: "Well I can assure you that I'm originally from PA."
Border Patrol Agent: "I don't know what that is, Sir."

Now, maybe I'm just ASSuming, but I always thought that everyone knew what and where PA was.

Me: "Are you kidding me???? Are you really serious or are you just proof that we're hiring any imbecile to stand here now? Let me ask you, are YOU here legally?"

By this time, her supervisor came out, because I was irate and raised my voice....yeah, I know, asking her if she was here legally was a peckerhead thing to say, but my tolerance for stupidity is pretty low. I'm on Lexapro now and much better.

The Border Patrol supervisor told her to give us our military ID's back and he apologized. I never did see her again at that checkpoint.

Fred
Fred -

You just became my new hereo! I know it's a little strange for a Marine SSgt to have an Army SFC as a hero, but in this instance, I think we can make an exception!

The CJ Express
Don't argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

"100 BUX" Build Thread
SgtJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #148
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJensen View Post
Fred -

You just became my new hereo! I know it's a little strange for a Marine SSgt to have an Army SFC as a hero, but in this instance, I think we can make an exception!
I met one of my best friends, when I went we went into Kosovo together, right as the air war was ending...I was in 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) and he was in the 24th MEU. We've been brothers ever since.

You guys still have the discipline I wish my service had, when I joined 20 years ago.

From one NCO to another, I appreciate the comment.

This was the best thing I've ever read said about the Corps:

"The Marines I have seen around the world
have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,
the highest morale and the lowest morals
of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Fred

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #149
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

my Only one is campus police pull me over one night about 1 in the morning. Comes up to the window and says hes pulling me over because my tag lights are out, (this was with factory lights before litedots). then continues to ask for my registration and insurance and license. As i gather it i as in a remark, sir is my rear left tail light working? He says yes calmly not thinking anythign of it, so I say well I am quite certain my left tailight lights up my tag so if you say that is working I can not see how my tag could not be illuminated, he walks back looks at it for a few seconds, comes back and says be on your way and get home and gets in his car and takes off..

I guess they just figure its an easy way to get kids drinking and driving on campus, who knows.
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #150
woodfielder
1996 XJ Cherokee 

more sad than funny: i am one of those rare jeep owners of african american decent! cop attempt to pull me over while im already pulled over IN A NEIGHBORHOOD, asks why im parked and before i can answer asks me HOW MUCH WEED IV SMOKE TONIGHT? now im PISSED, and inform him that i dont smoke. he ask why my eyes are red and i look at the time and show him that it IS 3AM i just got off work and im quite tired. i notice literally 4 other cop cars arrive. they realize that they have nothing to fine me for and leave.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.