dumbest exhaust question yet for 4.0 swap.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > dumbest exhaust question yet for 4.0 swap..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
JUNK726
1974 J-Series Truck 

dumbest exhaust question yet for 4.0 swap..

So im a confused newb and i wanna spend my money right first time..i got a new 4.0 header..and its on ready to go..got a nice new downpipe with perfect bend to clear my slave cylinder and belllhousing..simply gotta cut it at the straight point and match to whichever cat and muffler i pick out..so here goes..am i looking for an exhaust kit for the Wranglers?! Im assuming the 4.0 wrangler from 91-95? I get confused looks (as usual) at napa..and will be calling 4wd.com in morning..but a few beers in tonite and REALLY wanna find which brand i want to buy asap..seen a bunch of cj's with really nice systems and i want that rear exit one piece pipe..just confused as to easiest/best way to route her thanks all for bein patient! Im almost there

JUNK726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

I haven't looked at the YJ exhaust for a while but I know the TJ exhaust crosses over to the passenger side and exits behind the passenger rear tire.

I don't know about yours, but that won't work for my '83 CJ. The CJ exhaust goes straight back... why not build your own or have one custom built.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
SethNCSU

The driveshaft being on the passenger side kind of forces you to run it straight back down the driver side. I think you would have a hard time snaking it over to the passenger side. I agree with gojeepin, have one custom built.

I bought the piece of pipe that comes off the header of a stock 4.0 at a junk yard and cut and welded it to match what I had. Not the best, but it works for now.
SethNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.