Dumb seat bracket question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dumb seat bracket question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dumb seat bracket question

I just bought a 85 CJ7 and the PO installed some cheap seats with some homemade bracket. I want to install some good seats like Mastercrafts. What kind of brackets do I need to buy? I was going to get some OEM off of ebad. Do I also need to get sliders or will the new seats come with them.

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Get sliders for both sides, you'll like it better and so will your passenger. No they don't come with the seat or the bracket. You really only have three choices: Make your own brackets, buy OEM brackets on Ebay (or places like 4 Wheel Parts and JC Whitney) or buy aftermarket (I forgot the name of the company - but will edit this when I remember).

Also, you might want to give this a read: http://www.jeepriver.com/forum/viewt...showtopic=1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I will buy the slider and brackets.
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

If you buy the Mastercrafts, go on quadratic.com, and look them up. You will also find the seat risers and sliders made by the same company. I think the Bestop risers and sliders will fit the Mastercrafts, but Corbeau seats require their own equipment.
kakai81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

Also, I really like the Bestop Trailmax II seats. They are really comfortable, last a long time, and the vinyl dries quickly if it gets wet. I swipe the water out of my seats with my hand, wait a few seconds, then they're dry. The side bolsters hold me in place well, but they don't get in the way of entering or exiting the jeep. A friend had some other seats with really high bolsters. They held you in place, but you had to climb up out of the seat before you could get out. PITA with a non-tilt steering wheel.
kakai81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Get sliders for both sides, you'll like it better and so will your passenger. No they don't come with the seat or the bracket. You really only have three choices: Make your own brackets, buy OEM brackets on Ebay (or places like 4 Wheel Parts and JC Whitney) or buy aftermarket (I forgot the name of the company - but will edit this when I remember).

The other alternative to evilBay is to place a thread in JF's Wanted Forum. Plenty of resident CJ owners subscribe to that Forum.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
The other alternative to evilBay is to place a thread in JF's Wanted Forum. Plenty of resident CJ owners subscribe to that Forum.
Yup that's true. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
W7NB
2013 JK Wrangler 

Try 4 Wheel Parts. They had the brackets and sliders for the same price as ebay when you add shipping. I replace my old bent and rusty ones this spring and am glad I did - the drivers seat no longer leans toward the door

1985 CJ7 With HO 4.0 Conversion
2013 JK
W7NB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bolsters , seat brackets , seat mounts , seat risers , seat sliders , seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.