Dubble Shifter or not? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dubble Shifter or not?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #1
Chad Churchill

Dubble Shifter or not?

Hey guys...
I am thinking of buying a dubbler shifter for my Danna 300 Transfer case.. Does any one have it? If so could you please let me know if it's a good buy, I do alot of offroading and my rear drive shaft has not been so nice lol will this dubble shifter help to shift it into front wheel so i don't have to get under the jeep and take the hole thing off just to drive..???
If you know anything please let me know..
Thanxs guys and have a great offroading DAY>!

'84 AMC CJ7.. 4" rancho 9000 9 way+ 1'' Tow Shacks+ 1'' BD, 9,000 warn winch, 33''BFG mudd, T176,Danna 300 with Twin shifter,44 front,20rear,4.56 with locks, 258beefed, w. fuel injected!,MSD,new white paint, all new intr., and two onbord airs. Member of TMTC, member of offroadministry, and go 4x4ing all over the U.S.A.!!!
'98 TJ... 4" Teraflex with rancho 9000 9 ways. 33" all's with solid Axles and 4.56 with locks.. Hunter green and ready to go..
Chad Churchill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #2
JLCJ7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes it is a good buy. I think one of the cheapest, but best upgrades. It is nice to be able to get 2 wheel low range when you need it. I would definitely get it. I think it is only like $125 by the time you get the shifter and new boot.
JLCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #3
Chad Churchill

Ok but does it shift the power to the front..???
Like say the rear drive shaft goes can you shift to make it front wheel drive?
and also when you are in just 2wd can it shift down to make you have a lower 2wd range?
'84 AMC CJ7.. 4" rancho 9000 9 way+ 1'' Tow Shacks+ 1'' BD, 9,000 warn winch, 33''BFG mudd, T176,Danna 300 with Twin shifter,44 front,20rear,4.56 with locks, 258beefed, w. fuel injected!,MSD,new white paint, all new intr., and two onbord airs. Member of TMTC, member of offroadministry, and go 4x4ing all over the U.S.A.!!!
'98 TJ... 4" Teraflex with rancho 9000 9 ways. 33" all's with solid Axles and 4.56 with locks.. Hunter green and ready to go..
Unread 03-18-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
Bulletproofcj7

I dont have one yet but i believe you can dis-engage the rear drive shaft from the transfer case and run in front wheel drive, however the rear drive shaft will still turn because it is still attached to the rear axle, unless you have a full floater with lock out hubs on the rear axle.
HTH
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
kev1

If you are interested you can get if for about 85.00 here:
www.jeepdoc.com

I don't have one, but have been thinking about it, but I don't know how much I would use it.

http://www.eacci.com/framelift.gif

Frame painted with a Rough Country 2.5" lift and shocks installed.
Alot of money spent on parts that are all over including a new 258.
kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
Chad Churchill

Well i get it next week...
I will put it on and let every one know how good or bad it is..
I got it from www.4wd.com and it all came to $144.22 That is a great deal on something that i think will really same my life..
Well i will get back to every one..
Have a great 4x4ing day..
Unread 03-19-2003, 07:00 PM   #7
Gator

I had a Atlas twin stick , I LOVED IT

on yours , your far right shifter will be your front axle shifter

you have these options,
rear 2 hi, or 2 lo,
front, 2 hi or 2 lo

you can not put one or the other in hi range & the other in lo, unless you want to see your Tcase split in half

yes you can have only front lo or high, with the rear in Netrual

if your Ujoint pops at the pinion at the rear end, simply put the rear stick in netrual & the shaft wont spin zip tie it up, or whatever & drive on the front

you wont be able to drive on the front long, but you can in emergency situations

I'm lookin for a Dana 300 for my Blazer & i'll probably end up buying another Atlas, except this time go to the 4.3 instead of the 3.8
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2003, 10:38 PM   #8
Chad Churchill

Thanks....
The main reason i wanna and need this twin shifter is because i have twisted two new drive shafts into two peices!... ppl who i talk to all the time say they have never seen a jeep do this befor so i got a new drive shaft that is custom and i am geting this shifter... So i hope this all helps me out...
Thanks every one...
Have a great day of 4x4ing....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.