Dual Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dual Shocks

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
JeffJ
1985 CJ7 

Dual Shocks

Has anyone ever put dual shocks on their CJ7. If so, did you have to make your own brackets, or were you able to find a bolt on kit? I have looked and can not find a kit out there, I have seen on some while wheeling, just never was able to hook up to ask.

Thanks

JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

MORE at least used to make a kit, but it's more of a builders kit...you still have to cut & weld to fit how you want it setup, the tube bending is just done for you already. Desert Steel (not sure if they're still around) used to make an add-on bracket for later model CJ's with the tall shock towers. Old school, I think guys used to use Toyota mini-truck shock hoops. I had the MORE setup on my original project Jeep and didn't use them this time around, so I've got them laying around in a box or cabinet somewhere (moved a few months ago and most of my garage & Jeep stuff is still packed and sitting in the warehouse at work).
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.