dual batterys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > dual batterys

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
jakemary
1977 CJ7 

dual batterys

Hi how would you hook up a dual battery set up.? i have two optimun batterys in my 77cj-7 i have a ramsey12500lbs winch. a H.E.I dist. 304v8 3speed. no extra lights on the cj. a electric fan. do you run them parralle? put a switch inbetween them?

jakemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Google it. There's basic ways to do it with solenoids or isolators and there are also higher tech methods from Painless & Hellroaring that allow you more control. I have the Hellroaring setup in my CJ-7 and will probably do the same on my Scrambler when I get to that point.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
RARECJ8

my friend 'skate is right... that is a mega-question with many possible options. i chose not to use the blue box isolator set up ( a la kragens...checker, etc...) and went with a simple OEM ford style solenoid between the batteries. crude? yes. not efficient? yes. but have i ever suffered a let down winching many foos out of harms way? never...

search the web. educate ur self and get it awn...

mb
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #4
CJ_Mike
1984 CJ7 

best way is to research it and do it the way you want. i have my battery in the engine compartment running engine and accessories and my rear battery running the winch and also going to a power board so that if i ever get stuff that needs power ill just run the positave there to keep it cleaner. and also i have another solenoid hooked up to a dash switch that connects the two battery circuits so if my front battery dies, flip the switch and hopefully i should have enough power to get it to crank over. but luckly i havent had to use it but considering both batteries less that 6 months old, i wont have to for a while.
CJ_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
401ton

I run a www.12voltguy.com solenoid system.

It will work normal, charge both batteries and self jump start modes.

System has a solenoid simliar to a Ford starter, but it is rated higher.

Works great.

His was a comeplete system including cables and less expensive than most.

I don't run anything off the second battery except the wire to solenoid to self jump start.
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
jakemary
1977 CJ7 

thanks guys
jakemary is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.