Dual Batteries - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dual Batteries

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-15-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
CJ7Jeff

Dual Batteries

Okay, I know there has to be someone out there who has built a dual battery tray. Does anyone have any plans or dimensions that they could send me? I can't imagine paying dang near $100 for something that looks like it was made out of $10 worth of angle iron.

Thanks,
Jeff

Unread 05-16-2002, 10:26 AM   #2
hamyscj

I'm with you bro. I made my own out of 1" angle for the base, put a piece of 2"x1/8 flat across the bottom for support and 1"x1/8 around the middle to keep the batteries in and to hold the solenoid. I used the stock holes in the fire wall and the stock supports under the batteries for support and haven't had any problems. It might have cost $10, but I doubt it. As far as the dimensions are, I just took the 2 batteries and laid them out like I wanted them mounted, took some measurements and built the tray. Email me and I'll send you some pics. Hamy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.