droped pitman arm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > droped pitman arm

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #1
mean green

droped pitman arm

does anyone know if they make a 4-6" droped pitman arm and where to get one. i can only find one's for 3-4" lifts i need to find some that will work for me

1985 cj-7,256, t-176,dana 300, dana 44's f & R ,detroit lockers f&r, 4.09 gears, soa with 4"suspension lift,2" shackle extention,shackle reversal,custom 3"x5" straight frame, custom roll cage with tire rack above, fiberglass body,35"s.s boggers,ramsey 8000lb winch
mean green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Never heard of one but most people with that hi a lift install something called a Hi-Steer system. I'm not sure exactly what that is because I've had no need to look into it but I imagine it's components from another vehicle that you adapt to you CJ for that large a lift.
Unread 03-27-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
rustyCJ

you will not find an aftermarket dropped arm that long because if you lift your vehicle that much you gonna have big tires and the force needed to turn them would bend/break the arm.

we are talking bout 4-6"s of suspension lift right? not 3 of suspension and 3 of body or something like that? since you are in the CJ forum asking this i will assume you have done a spring over because unless you have had custom springs made there is no lift kit over 4"s for cjs. you need to do some searches with yahoo or google for "jeep SOA steering", "jeep spring over axle steering", "jeep hi-steer", "jeep cross-over steering", etc. there are hundreds of do-it-yourselfers sites out there that have information regarding this on them. i think even jeeptech.com has an article on this.
Unread 03-27-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
Brandon Miller

run a flat wagoneer arm - and go hi-steer..
Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2003, 08:12 PM   #5
mean green

pitman arm

thank you all i found one that works for 4-6" of lift i pick it up tomorrow i will post what is out of or for but it is supposed to work. i have some crazy lift almost 2 ft. over stock soa,custom frame 2" taller than stock, 1" shackle , 2" body,35" tires so somewhere around 3" there it's real insane but fun
1985 cj-7,256, t-176,dana 300, dana 44's f & R ,detroit lockers f&r, 4.09 gears, soa with 4"suspension lift,2" shackle extention,shackle reversal,custom 3"x5" straight frame, custom roll cage with tire rack above, fiberglass body,35"s.s boggers,ramsey 8000lb winch
mean green is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.