drive shaft :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > drive shaft :(

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #1
thenubsterman

drive shaft :(

Hey i was wondering if anyone has a used driveshaft that is still in good shape because mine is shot, i have the u joint bearings welded onto it, and ya I have a 360, hooked up to a t 150 and model 20 t case so idk the measure of the driveshaft but maybe someone can help me out.

thenubsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
boaman88

I don't have a shaft to sell but I did have exactly the same set-up you do at one time. I was breaking u-joints with the 360 quite often. Bought a set of Spicer blue seal u-joints and never broke one again. Welding anywhere near the u-joint does damage to the bearings. I suggest getting a new shaft and decent u-joints. I also suggest using U-bolt yokes over the strap type if you don't already have them. I'm sure some of the times I thought I was breaking a joint, I was really breaking the bolts or straps instead.
boaman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
tbicj7

Check out www.highangledriveline.com. Jess has the best shafts on the market. I'm running his shafts and haven't broken anything yet. (2yrs) He uses .250 walled 2.5" tubing, and what ever joints you want. I opted for the 1350 on mine. Hope this helps.
Vegore the Wonder Tomato 83 CJ7 TBI 350 smog legal conversion Bowtie stage 3 700r4 D300 w/twin stick Dana 44's front and rear 4.56's locked up at both ends high angle drivelines f/r Xtreme offroad high steer conversion currie steering box brace all custom SS braided lines 37" MTR's warn XD9000i SOA wrangler springs(all rears)slickrock hangers currie bumpers front and rear w/full size spare, full family cage simpson harnesses and tuffy boxes. The list goes on and on.
R.I.P.
08 on the way
tbicj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Measure the distance from center of ujoint to center of ujoint and post up that length. I have a few driveshafts laying around...maybe a match?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.