Door fitment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Door fitment

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Chstock
1984 CJ7 

Door fitment

Alright! So today we went to put on the doors I just picked up off of Craigslist. The drivers side door fit relatively easily. On the passenger side however, the bottom of the door fits in but he top section of the tub on the engine side is about 1/4 of an inch too tight. We somehow need to spread it enough to make room for the door. Is there a tool for this or any suggested way to do this?

Chstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Check the body tub mounts for rust. The mount behind the door controls the top of the opening. You may need to replace it or shim it to open the gap.

My tub is 'glass and I had to fine tune all the mount heights to make everything fit square.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Loosen the hinge plates on the door, close the door/align, tighten the hinges.
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
Chstock
1984 CJ7 

The problem is actually the physical place of the metal. It's not a hinge problem. The tub has been in an accident before
Chstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Back when I worked summers in the body shop, we used a hydraulic ram (porta-power) for stuff like this. A high lift jack would probably work too although not as easily. Be aware that shifting the tub that much will probably crack the paint and any body filler in the area will probably pop off.
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.