Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Done did it again...

Tags
cj7
801 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jeepn-aint-easy 
#1 ·
Well, buying my third jeep. I have put pictures up of the jeeps that I have had over the years. Someone told me this morning, "you're a glutton for punishment, I want one!" I can't wait to start tinkering on number three. Bare with me because I will be posting pics to get you guys opinions on what things to do to improve it.

The first jeep I had was a 1978 CJ7 with a AMC 304. If I remember correctly, it had performance headers with hornie head side pipes on it. Man it sounded great! Bought it for $3500 in 1997.

My second jeep was a 1979 CJ7 with a inline 258. It had a fiberglass body which made finding good grounds fun. Absolutely loved that jeep, but we found out we were expecting a little boy. Bought the jeep for $4,500 and sold it for $6,500 which was cheap.

This third jeep I will be picking it up tomorrow. It is a 1978 CJ7 with an AMC 304. I will post more details as soon as I can get it home and get to "tinkering'.

Let me know what you think of the brown mule. Ideas, suggestions, etc.

It has a 5000 lb. Warn winch that has been wired using a trailer pig tail that I will be taking out. I will find a hand controller for it and also clean the winch up.

More to come...

See less See more
#3 ·
You should be kicking yourself for getting rid of such beautiful jeeps lol. Looks like the mule needs an LS1 swap, but I might be biased... They all look great. Good luck in your venture. Are you married? That seems to be a big factor in jeep builds haha. I somehow found a way for the better half to let the old CJ7 mistress live with us permanently.

***edit*** I really like that second blue CJ. That is a real eye catcher. What direction do you want to go with the mule?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.