Done did it again... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Done did it again...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
jeepn-aint-easy

Done did it again...

Well, buying my third jeep. I have put pictures up of the jeeps that I have had over the years. Someone told me this morning, "you're a glutton for punishment, I want one!" I can't wait to start tinkering on number three. Bare with me because I will be posting pics to get you guys opinions on what things to do to improve it.

The first jeep I had was a 1978 CJ7 with a AMC 304. If I remember correctly, it had performance headers with hornie head side pipes on it. Man it sounded great! Bought it for $3500 in 1997.

My second jeep was a 1979 CJ7 with a inline 258. It had a fiberglass body which made finding good grounds fun. Absolutely loved that jeep, but we found out we were expecting a little boy. Bought the jeep for $4,500 and sold it for $6,500 which was cheap.

This third jeep I will be picking it up tomorrow. It is a 1978 CJ7 with an AMC 304. I will post more details as soon as I can get it home and get to "tinkering'.

Let me know what you think of the brown mule. Ideas, suggestions, etc.

It has a 5000 lb. Warn winch that has been wired using a trailer pig tail that I will be taking out. I will find a hand controller for it and also clean the winch up.

More to come...

jeepn-aint-easy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
jeepn-aint-easy

Pictures didn't load the first time...
m_543d5c33d395601a1cfdeec2935eac5f.jpg

1979-jeep-cj7.jpg

received_m_mid_1390872462727_851d96983940f9aa77_0-1.jpg

Unread 01-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

You should be kicking yourself for getting rid of such beautiful jeeps lol. Looks like the mule needs an LS1 swap, but I might be biased... They all look great. Good luck in your venture. Are you married? That seems to be a big factor in jeep builds haha. I somehow found a way for the better half to let the old CJ7 mistress live with us permanently.

***edit*** I really like that second blue CJ. That is a real eye catcher. What direction do you want to go with the mule?
Unread 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
jeepn-aint-easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes2013 View Post
You should be kicking yourself for getting rid of such beautiful jeeps lol. Looks like the mule needs an LS1 swap, but I might be biased... They all look great. Good luck in your venture. Are you married? That seems to be a big factor in jeep builds haha. I somehow found a way for the better half to let the old CJ7 mistress live with us permanently.

***edit*** I really like that second blue CJ. That is a real eye catcher. What direction do you want to go with the mule?
Direction...not sure yet. Yes, I am married and my wife talked me out of buying a motorcycle because she would like us to get another Jeep.

Tags
cj7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.