Does anyone make a top like this for a CJ? - JeepForum.com
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By NormWild
  • 2 Post By firegod33
  • 1 Post By NormWild
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
NormWild
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 41
Does anyone make a top like this for a CJ?

I'm not in love with all the standard options, pretty boring.


I have no idea why my pictures aren't displaying here, using Flickr as a host.

https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-56823-...oft%2Btop&th=1


1985 CJ7
2008 FI C6
2016 Diesel Colorado
NormWild is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM
jp360cj
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 2,091
I think Bestop does make a sunrider for the CJ7. And at one time, there were fastback style tops for CJs, but I haven't seen one in a long time, and not sure if anyone makes them still. But the CJ fastback ones were more angled (from the roll bar straight to the rear of the tub, like the straps for a bikini top) and the rear seat wouldn't be usable (if that matters to you). If they make a YJ one, you could swap in a YJ familar bar and then use the YJ top

77 CJ-7- AMC 360, Edelbrock cam, MC2100, Fenderwells, CJ T18/D20, Chevy D44/EB 9" rear, Trutrac f/r, 4.11, SOA, 1.25 lift shackles, 35x12.50 BFG KM2s, Shackle Reversal
jp360cj is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
NormWild
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp360cj View Post
I think Bestop does make a sunrider for the CJ7. And at one time, there were fastback style tops for CJs, but I haven't seen one in a long time, and not sure if anyone makes them still. But the CJ fastback ones were more angled (from the roll bar straight to the rear of the tub, like the straps for a bikini top) and the rear seat wouldn't be usable (if that matters to you). If they make a YJ one, you could swap in a YJ familar bar and then use the YJ top
Thanks, I don't see any listings at Bestop for the fast back design, only the Sunrider. I just checked with them and the new Trektop won't work.

1985 CJ7
2008 FI C6
2016 Diesel Colorado
NormWild is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM
BestopTeam
Vendor
 
BestopTeam's Avatar
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 679
Hey there,

We have a top with the sunrider, part 51698, but not the slant back for a CJ7.

CassieAtBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormWild View Post
I'm not in love with all the standard options, pretty boring.


I have no idea why my pictures aren't displaying here, using Flickr as a host.

https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-56823-...oft%2Btop&th=1

The Bestop Team
BestopTeam is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
NormWild
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestopTeam View Post
Hey there,

We have a top with the sunrider, part 51698, but not the slant back for a CJ7.

CassieAtBestop
Probably be a good seller if you did!
BestopTeam likes this.

1985 CJ7
2008 FI C6
2016 Diesel Colorado
NormWild is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 09-27-2017, 12:28 PM
firegod33
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormWild View Post
Probably be a good seller if you did!
They would sell well for the CJ5's, as well. (A better variety of color would be nice, too)
BestopTeam and NormWild like this.

Earth first... We'll Jeep the other planets later.
firegod33 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 09-27-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
NormWild
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lehigh Valley
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by firegod33 View Post
They would sell well for the CJ5's, as well. (A better variety of color would be nice, too)

Yep, no love for the CJ, only Wranglers. That's where the money is I guess.
BestopTeam likes this.

1985 CJ7
2008 FI C6
2016 Diesel Colorado
NormWild is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 09-28-2017, 12:11 PM
1980tallcj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leesville, NC
Posts: 510
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestopTeam View Post
Hey there,

We have a top with the sunrider, part 51698, but not the slant back for a CJ7.

CassieAtBestop
If the CJ7 uses a YJ style family bar, can't the Wrangler frameless top be used ?

1980 CJ7,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1980tallcj7 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 AM
BestopTeam
Vendor
 
BestopTeam's Avatar
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 679
No it wouldn't, we don't make a frameless top for the YJ either, sorry.

CassieAtBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980tallcj7 View Post
If the CJ7 uses a YJ style family bar, can't the Wrangler frameless top be used ?

The Bestop Team
BestopTeam is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome