Do you / are you suposed to change soft brake lines with SOA Lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Do you / are you suposed to change soft brake lines with SOA Lift?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
offroadrider
1965 CJ5 

Do you / are you suposed to change soft brake lines with SOA Lift?

Hi, my jeep came with a torn driver side front soft line. It has spring over axle lift, is it suppose to have different lines?

offroadrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrider
Hi, my jeep came with a torn driver side front soft line. It has spring over axle lift, is it suppose to have different lines?
You would want them longer. The added flex from SOA will stretch and rip a stock one. As for material makes no difference if the line is rubber hard or braided. I make small extensions from frame to rubber line. Cheap and easy fix
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Front hoses from a late 80's full size Chevy truck work nice. They are 10" or so longer.
You only need to re-drill the hole where they mount to the caliper to 7/16. Make sure to also pick up 7/16 copper washers for them.

They are about $15 each.
skizriz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
offroadrider
1965 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
Front hoses from a late 80's full size Chevy truck work nice. They are 10" or so longer.
You only need to re-drill the hole where they mount to the caliper to 7/16. Make sure to also pick up 7/16 copper washers for them.

They are about $15 each.
I have a 1965 cj with drums, willl this work?
offroadrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrider View Post
The fitting that goes into your drum would be different.

Maybe an older pickup with drum brakes might work.
skizriz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrider View Post
It's really a matter of distance and not whether it's spring over or spring under.

If you can't find stock lines from another vehicle that'll work, there are shops in most areas that will build custom lines.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadrider

I had a 62 with drums and what I did is ordered two stainless ones and used couplers to joint them with the stock rubber lines for twice the length and it worked just fine for years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.