Do you trust Omix parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Do you trust Omix parts?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
mtndew1
1976 CJ7 

Do you trust Omix parts?

Do you trust Omix parts for quality and fit?

I'm going to order another 304 to TH400 flexplate since the one I have does not seem to fit from the following thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/304-th400-first-jeep-nightmare-795547/

Unread 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
deadeye
1983 CJ7 

I have only bought 2 things with the Omix name, Both were junk. I will never buy anything else from them. Just my 2cents.
83 CJ7, 350 TBI, TH350, Dana 300 twin stick, Dana 44 E-locker, Ford 8.8, Detroit, 4:10 gears, 35x13.5x15s
"Just Exchange Every Part"
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
chet44
Web Wheeler
1985 CJ7 

For me it depends on what it is. I've tried exhaust parts from them that didn't work out and I had to return them. They took them back with no hassle though. I buy stuff like hinges, plastic parts, things I have to "tweak" to fit anyway no matter where I buy them. You might want to research their return policy before you make a purchase.
chet44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
SuB8HaVeN
1986 CJ7 

They're a good source for original style parts, but honestly I've never purchased an Omix part that I haven't had trouble with. That said, all the OEM style parts on my CJ are Omix, just because it seemed that was all there was.
Unread 06-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
1984CJ
1984 CJ7 

Omix is a poor substitute for a factory part. Crown parts are better quality than Omix-ADA.
Omix-ADA also sells stuff under the name Rugged Ridge and I for one would rather use the old Steel Horse (AKA Rusty Pony) brand.
Unfortunately, many times there is no replacement part produced except for the Omix one.
I have omix parts. I do not like omix parts.
Originally Posted by ftdranger
You guys on the CJ tech page are a little to tech for me. Must be the leaf springs.
1984CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

I've bought pinion slingers for dana 30 and dana 44. I bought an omix tranny isolator that is holding up so far. I think I'm going to buy an omix fan shroud. So it depends on what the part is. For instance, I would not buy ball joints from Omix.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.