DJ5C 5" suspension lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > DJ5C 5" suspension lift.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
nd6f
1973 DJ 

DJ5C 5" suspension lift.

Here is how I did a 5" suspension lift on my 1973 DJ5C. Front- superlift 4" lift springs with 1" lift shackles for a CJ5. Rear- procomp 2.5" lift springs with Allstar Performance adjustable shackles found at summit racing.com Front spring under, rear spring over. Because the procomp springs are longer than the old springs, thay were connected to the rear bumper using CJ5 shackle hangers. The procomp 2.5" lift springs are for front of a YJ number 51313. The Allstar shackles are adjustable for your load you have in the back of the jeep ! Allstar performance part number 60055 found at summit racing. when you get all and I mean all your stuff in the back of the jeep you can see witch of the holes to use on the allstar shackles. then cut off the excess metal hanging down. These shackles will work on a CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, also. Rember DJ's came with a CJ5 front suspension and a J-10 back suspension, because mail is heavy. This system works grate. 11.50 wide or wider tires with 3.75 bs or more wheels help to stabilize the jeep. DJ's have ther springs mounted on the outside of the frame unlike the CJ's , to make them more stabile do to the heavy mail. The rear shackle hanger pins must be drilled out of the frame or thay will be in the way. more to come soon! 73's ND6F

nd6f is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.