DJ5 mail jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > DJ5 mail jeep

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Fatbook
1983 DJ 

DJ5 mail jeep

After finding this forum,I have become motivated to finish a project I started several years ago.You see,I am a rural mail carrier,and I bought this as an actual work piece.I knew then if I didn't get it the way I wanted it,then I would just drive it to death (like I did the '76 I had).I rebuilt the motor,got the body ready to paint and then quit!

I saw some pics of dj's and that has got me wanting my jeep up and running.Not as a work horse ,but as a geta round town buggy.Retirement ain't too far away.One of the pics I saw was of a dj with the top cut,I like that idea.I think that may be a piece of work though.

If anyone has ideas or pics of thier dj's,and if you don't mind,share them with me.Especially on how to remove the top.

Also if anyone local (Clarksville/Ft.Campbell area) would like to join in on this endeaver,you are more than welcome.

My mind is not totally made up on how I wish to proceed with this.But I do intend to finish this spring and summer.

Thanks to all....Will

Unread 01-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=988300

I love the look of these postals, and I say keep the room, because it will be work trying to get a roof back on it.
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Fatbook
1983 DJ 

My idea:
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
GoingPostal1975

Electrical Diagram 1975 Postal Jeep

Hello, I see no one has replied to this in awhile, but I am hoping for a little help. My husband has a 1975 DJ5 Postal Jeep project. Right now we are looking for an electrical diagram . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
GoingPostal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
CrankyD
1983 CJ7 

Sorry I can't find anything either. You may get better results by starting a new post, You will get more views that way.
CrankyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
laforg
1973 DJ 

Gone Postal myself!

Hi! I recently started my own DJ5 project. I've seen the service manuals on eBay a LOT. That may help with your wiring problems. By the way, take a good close look at your posted picture and the side of a real CJ5. Most people who take the lid off the DJ5 do so at the rib just below the glass, and that's WAY too tall. I took the sides down to 20" above the bottom of the door frame (be careful NOT to measure from the rear, it's a different height). This is a great little rig, hope you have fun with it!
laforg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
DJ5D
1976 DJ 

Help! 76 dj5d postal jeep with soft top & left hand side drive restored by safari kar

Need help! Soft top 1976 dj5d

postal jeep -with soft top???

I have a 1976 dj5d.
Restored by safari kar a company no longer in business.
The problem is i need a new soft top.
Well dj5d jeep`s weren`t built with soft tops!
so i am trying to find a soft top that is similiar in size enough to buy.
The jeep is really nice and professionally restored by safari kar... The steering was changed from right sided to the left side. It has a soft top produced by kayline ,but kayline is also no longer in business. The title reads it as a 1996 dj which i found odd. However after researching i found this is what safari kar did the restored it completely & then change the yr on title before reselling it.
It only has 20k miles...automatic & no swing open door or sliding doors the doors are soft doors.. It also does not have three back lights like you see on all dj`s it has back light`s as if it was a cj or dj....

My question is if i buy a cj5 soft top will it be close enough in size to fit? Thank you i will add pics soon... It`s bumpy but runs perfect
DJ5D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.