dj5 electrical firework show. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > dj5 electrical firework show.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 05-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
smileynirvana2

dj5 electrical firework show.

im pretty new to this whole electrical thing and i tried to trace wires without opening the wiring harness and ran a ground to a bad place. firework show and now none of my electrical works. the vehicle i own is a 1975 dj5 and heres a picture of where i ran the ground too. ive replaced the solenoid as you can see but it didnt seem to help. any ideas on what other parts i might have fried and is in need of replacement? i dont see any melted wires.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smileynirvana2/4630145593/

smileynirvana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Sounds like you may have blown a fusible link (if it has one) so now there's no power going to the fuse block.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

What's the point of posting a picture that is so blury it looks like something attacking the Enterprise?

------------------

Looks like you grounded the hot power strip.
If it's insulated, and that one kind of looks like it might be,
Then it's usually HOT wires, and shouldn't be "Grounded"...

Buy a $6 Test light and learn to use it,

It would have saved you the $10 worth of fusible links you are probably going to replace already,

And lots of other nasty stuff in the future...
JeepHammer is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.