Dj5 1975 engine options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dj5 1975 engine options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
BalloonNate
1975 DJ 

Dj5 1975 engine options

I have a stock Dj5 with the strait 6 in it with a load sludge in the oil system. If the engine dies i would like to replace it if its cheaper than a rebuild. I would like to know the options for the 727 tras bolt patterns. I have been looking over older threads but cant seem to sift through the i want to convert this to 4x4 threads. I would like 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder options. Also which would would be the most likely to have FI already. thank and Have fun

BalloonNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
BalloonNate
1975 DJ 

Bump

Also Fuel injection is not a high priority.
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
BalloonNate
1975 DJ 

Last bump

If any one can post some links to DJ5 forums ill search there. I have not had the best of luck on my own. This is my first jeep and i have no desire to go 4x4. I want to just drive it around town. I have been looking at the amc 4 cylinder but cant find if it will bolt up to the 727. also the 4.0L engin which is supposed to last forever. I do know that since it is a jeep trans mopar engines wont work. I have never done a engine swap and since mine is dam near striped down to only the essentials i think i could do it. Please Help and Thanks.
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

the 4.0 is a derivative of the AMC 258,so although a mopar design change,anything the AMC 258/232 will bolt to, a 4.0 will bolt to.I am not familiar with your model,so I am just commenting on the engine block.Try switching over to rotella 15-40 to clean the sludge.Do a search for "Rotella" and you will find many threads about this.It may run for a decade just like it is.
Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #5
BalloonNate
1975 DJ 

this is the engine in it 232 cu in (3.8 L) AMC Straight-6 engine. Its blowing gray smoke on start and has a definite hiss not sure which cylinder cuz on compression testing the gauge was all crap. Ill have it checked professionally. BTW Thank you for the response

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.