Dizzy Gear Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dizzy Gear Removal

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
DYontheForum
1981 CJ7 

Dizzy Gear Removal

So I'm putting DUI on my CJ and I heard that you should keep the old distributor gear and put it on the new one, but I can't get mine off. So how does this thing come off?

DYontheForum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
sarfu
1974 CJ5 

Should be a pin that runs through the gear, have to whack it out with a punch and hammer
sarfu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

I haven't heard of having to do that with the DUI units......more for the junkyard conversions and cheaper hei clones.

For what you pay for the DUI you shouldn't have to do a damn thing to it.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
DYontheForum
1981 CJ7 

I just figured that the original distributor gear was worn in perfectly with my cam.
DYontheForum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYontheForum
I just figured that the original distributor gear was worn in perfectly with my cam.
I can't see your profile on my phone, but if you pull the gear off your dizzy and its the 258 the cam gear and dizzy gear will not be centered. It will be below center by 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch.
86cj74.2L is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

It is a question of material hardness. Whether or not DUI have matched the parts, who can say for sure.

It will take 10 minutes to switch once it is out and then you can rest assured your cam gear will not get worn down which will be big $$$ and time.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.