Disk Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Disk Conversion

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #1
blytle20

Disk Conversion

I have a 79 Cj-5 with disc up front and drum in the rear. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could buy a disk conversion for the drum brakes in the rear.

Any help is greatly appreciated

blytle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #2
Lightningdon

Mind if I ask why you want to convert to rear discs? Do you do much off-roading? I ask because I would not recommend rear discs if you intend to do some wheeling. The reason: Disc brakes don't function as well wet as drums do. If you encounter wet crossings and mud, you lose braking effectiveness with the rear discs. If you run strictly on the road, convert. As far as sources, I will have to look around my mags for a bit.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Lightningdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 12:37 AM   #3
blytle20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningdon
Mind if I ask why you want to convert to rear discs? Do you do much off-roading? I ask because I would not recommend rear discs if you intend to do some wheeling. The reason: Disc brakes don't function as well wet as drums do. If you encounter wet crossings and mud, you lose braking effectiveness with the rear discs. If you run strictly on the road, convert. As far as sources, I will have to look around my mags for a bit.

My drums are barely holding on and definitly need replacement. I also do some wheeling but not a great deal. I would prefer the stopping power and figure if Im going to replace them might as well go to disk.
blytle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:40 AM   #4
Greezy Gringo

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/Produ...085/index.html

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.