Difference in Dana 30 disc and drum hubs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Difference in Dana 30 disc and drum hubs?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

Difference in Dana 30 disc and drum hubs?

I'm picking up a set of lightly used 6 bolt hubs from a friend, and ran into a question on them. I'd been looking for a pair for awhile, and checked Morris and Qtec, and noticed Morris has two types on their site; one for drums and one for discs. I mentioned this to him, and he said he wasn't sure if the axle they came off of was disc or drum because it was bought for parts and stripped.
He told me, "I pulled them off of a late 70's narrow track 30 but never ended up needing them." He also said he did the same swap and with the two hubs up next to each other, he couldn't tell a difference.
I'm waiting on pics of the front and back and I'll post them here if that will help get an answer.
Thanks for any help.

Dborns is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
CSP

The factory drum hubs do not have the backside machined flat for the rotors to install against.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

Ok, thanks for the reply. He said he doesn't think they look machined, so he's thinking they are for the drums. He offered them to me for free, and was thinking maybe I could get them machined to work? I don't know if its worth the hassle or not.
Dborns is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.