did the team rush - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > did the team rush

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 01-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
dalefan388
1979 CJ5 

did the team rush

what a difference. it starts easier, runs smoother. i love it. now next on the list the stealth gm module.

Unread 01-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

Thats great....

I also think that is a good way to put it "stealth gm modual" might keep some of the less imformed from killing their engine. If you know what I mean.
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
SparkyB
1979 CJ5 

I just ordered the parts for this today. It seems to run good now but my CJ experience is limited.
SparkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyB View Post
I just ordered the parts for this today. It seems to run good now but my CJ experience is limited.
OK.... might make better sense to post back in a few days after you put the parts in???? I am pretty sure you will like the TeamRush hundreds have posted up that it works well. I am one of them works great.. Just thought I throw that out there???
Unread 01-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjguercio View Post
Thats great....

I also think that is a good way to put it "stealth gm modual" might keep some of the less imformed from killing their engine. If you know what I mean.
Not kill the engine, but might keep 23+ year old module failure from leaving them along side the road somewhere...

'TeamRush' with coil change can be too much for the 23+ year old factory modules, and for the 'Import' modules.
That's why we came up with the 'Stealth HEI' addition.
It's just another factory ignition module, nothing special, just allows us to limit our exposure to the 'Import' parts market...
Since Motorcraft doesn't make these modules anymore in factory specifications...

Just a little more reliability without spending the $150 on a CDI module.
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
SparkyB
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjguercio View Post
OK.... might make better sense to post back in a few days after you put the parts in???? I am pretty sure you will like the TeamRush hundreds have posted up that it works well. I am one of them works great.. Just thought I throw that out there???

Yeah, I've seen the posts that it works and folks are happy. I was just adding that I too was soon going to join this group.
SparkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
GPER
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Not kill the engine, but might keep 23+ year old module failure from leaving them along side the road somewhere...

'
I have more confidence in my 30 year old durospark since it lasted longer than the crap on the xj 4.0.The cps died on the highway and left me looking for a tow truck. I did most of the Team Rush upgrade many years ago and did the hei / stealth upgrade last year and love it.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

Not quite what I meant guys..... I liked the expression of "stealth gm modual" because it omitted the word EHI.... yes its spelled wrong. There is nothing wrong with the "stealth gm modual" in my opinion.

With the Health/Market of the GM Distributor for the AMC engines in the state it is I like calling that ignition modual switch the "stealth gm modual" with a GM vs HEI. For the Jeep Novis there is still a lot of danger with a full HEI Distributor On AMC and that can kill you engine. Maybe more of us should use that nomenclature..

Thats all folks,
Fred

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.