desparately need parts! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > desparately need parts!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-04-2002, 03:46 PM   #1
KG4PAM

desparately need parts!

any ideas on where i can find a air pump diverter valve and air pump pulley? AZ, Napa, and advance all say "N/A" thanks!!!

KG4PAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Send me a pic of the exact parts you want .I probably have them .I say this as I have c fairly complete cjs out back .Let me know .Thanks ,Greg
Unread 06-04-2002, 05:05 PM   #3
KG4PAM

are you by any chance affiliated with the jeep junkyard in VA? we were looking for a tranny last year and came across some big junkyard that has mainly jeeps in s/east VA. if you are, or if you know what the phone no. is, would you please post? as for a pic, i have no digital camera and my regular one dosent work too well so i cant scan. the best description i can give is that the pulley should be around4-5" in diameter with three bolt holes in the middle. it should be mounted above the power steering pump, attached to the air pump. the diverter valve, i have no clus what it looks like, but it should be in the hose from the air pump just before the air injection manifold. i believe it has a amall vacuum line going to the distributor? thanks for your reply! jairus
Unread 06-04-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
LilRedCJ

KG,

I think the junk yard you're talking about might be RUDY's off HWY 58. Half my CJ parts came from there. Good Luck...
Past: '84 Cherokee Chief / '83 CJ 8
LilRedCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
buddhasbomb

you would be suprised what you can still get from jeep and its still reasonable
buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 08:34 PM   #6
KG4PAM

from "jeep" as in dealer? i think ill try that in the morning. i was afraid that as soon as i said the word "CJ" i would get a "sorry, we dont carry that"
Unread 06-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #7
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am not affiliated with Johnsons truck and Mustang which has a few jeeps these days . I have my own little junkyard though ! I have the smog pump and brackets complete if needed.But if all you want is the pulley and diverter valve it will be 25.00 . I ship fed Ex and it would be around 7.00 to ship it . Let me know if you are interested or not . I have "few cjs " in the back yard so if you need anything else email me jeepparts@hotmail.com . Thanks ,Greg
Unread 06-05-2002, 09:06 AM   #8
KG4PAM

what would you charge for the air pump brackets? i would ask for the wholle setup, but i just bought a air pump from AZ. i took the pump out to the jeep, and it appears that there is supposed to be some sort of bracket to mount the air pump to the power steering pump bracket, 'cuz the holes are not in the right places as is. thanks and i will get back to you hopefully within a day or so! jairus
Unread 06-05-2002, 09:16 AM   #9
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KG4PAM:
<strong>any ideas on where i can find a air pump diverter valve and air pump pulley? AZ, Napa, and advance all say "N/A" thanks!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've been through this on my 304 - I used a GM diverter valve and a GM pulley works perfectly if you install it backwards.
Unread 06-05-2002, 07:24 PM   #10
KG4PAM

you mind giving a suggestion on a application to seaarch at Autozone or napa? thanks ! jairus
Unread 06-05-2002, 07:41 PM   #11
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KG4PAM:
<strong>you mind giving a suggestion on a application to seaarch at Autozone or napa? thanks ! jairus</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I asked for 1985 Camaro stuff.
Doesn't the 258 use a pulse air system instead of an air pump?
Any info I have is for AMC V-8's and may not apply to the 258.
Unread 06-05-2002, 08:25 PM   #12
KG4PAM

thanks! no, to the best of my knowledge, the 258 is not pulse air. on mine it is not anyway. i believe '83 and up ffour bangers had it. thanks again! jairus
Unread 06-06-2002, 10:26 PM   #13
hollywood

I'm pretty sure all 258's from '83 on used pulse air - those Bastards!
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2002, 09:00 PM   #14
KG4PAM

G Beasley, check your email! thanks i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.