Delo 400 oil=no leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Delo 400 oil=no leak

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Delo 400 oil=no leak

A friend suggested using Chevron Delo 400 oil with it's high detergent properties to clear up a problem I've been having with a sticky lifter. I've been running the Delo 400 15W-40 for about 300 miles now and one thing I have noticed is that my once leaky rear crank seal no longer leaks.

Those of you with leaky cranks might want to try Delo 400. Might save you some work.

As for the sticking lifter, not too much luck. Not a really bad problem and others have suggested adding Marvel Mystery oil to the crankcase oil.

80cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.