Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

**DEBATE** Build up cj2a or buy and build up cj5

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  T Hoff 
#1 ·
I have the choice of building up one of my cj2a's or sell them and but a cj5 and build it up. What I was looking it is easier to build a cj5 because I can find stuff like lifts and parts more. But The cj2a are hard to find lifts and stuff. The highest lift I found for a cj2a without being custom is 2.5"
and cj5 is whatever I want pretty much

#2 ·
It depends on how much of a build up you want to do.
If you are talking about all new axles, engine, etc then I would stick with the Willys because it looks cooler, since the body is about all that you will be keeping. If you want a bolt-on 4" lift and keep the stock axles, engine, etc then a newer CJ will have a bigger engine, stronger axles, better t-case, and a few more luxuries like a heater.

#4 ·
ohhhhhhhh Kevin, tough choice. I absolutely love the CJ5 but the personality and head turning affect of the CJ2 is also irresistable.
The 'build up' is the question. If you were going to basically keep the body and go with all new drivetrain, I would go with the CJ2. If you are more comfortable with Bolt-on, then you have to go with the CJ5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.