Deal or no deal Bronco Axles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Deal or no deal Bronco Axles

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-14-2003, 12:41 PM   #1
soler

Deal or no deal Bronco Axles

I found some Axles off of a 1985 Ford Bronco I believe the front is a Dana 44 and the rear is a for 9 in. I can bet them both for 80 dollars? I belive he will include the gears Good deal?

soler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

According to this, the rear axle is an 8.8" and the front is a D/44.
For $80, it's probably a good deal...

Ford axles
Unread 05-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #3
CSP

The front axle has the pumpkin on the wrong side for a CJ. It also is not a solid axle, but Ford's twin traction beam independent front end. Even if the pumpkin was on the correct side it would take a lot of fabrication just to get it in place.

That chart that OldJeepGuy linked you to doesnt' say anything about it being IFS, but it is. Every Bronco from '80 til they quit making them was IFS. The only Fords with solid front axles after '79 were one tons.

Last edited by CSP; 05-14-2003 at 06:22 PM..
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.