I spent a few hours cleaning up and putting tools away, washed the concrete and ran the grinding disc over my welding table and hit it with WD40. I have been meaning to do that for months and since it was clean it was a good opportunity. It will be covered with crap in a few days.
I tossed the torx bolts holding the diff cover in the trash and put the cover on along with a new gasket. I washed it down with Purple Power at 1:1 and found a few spots that needed some more work with the wire wheel and die grinder. As fast as I washed it flash rust formed and there is not a thing I can do about it. Most of it wiped off after two wash downs with wax and grease remover. Hell, it's just the chassis and the Jeep will be a daily driver soon.
Ready for primer....
And with two coats of epoxy primer. The hoist is cool to have around, I was able to get the housing about 6' off the ground so it is fully coated unlike my springs
I had an hour or so before I could spray the satin black so I took a break for lunch and to post some progress pictures. If I am really sadistic I will start working on the D30 later on. Or, I may try to hang the AMC 20 tonight after it dries a while.
Had an unbelievable thunderstorm but the primer was probably dry to the touch when it started. I grabbed the blowgun and dried it off and found some grease around the axle flange (s@#t), cleaned that up and removed some primer too, I kept telling myself, "it's the chassis, get over it."
Sprayed the satin black and it is more glossy than the frame but still looks fine. Mud will wash off easier anyway.
I think I am about done with the Jeep for the day, I have some temporary lights to wire up under the canopy for evening work and may move the D30 out where I can get to it next week.