dash lights not working. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > dash lights not working.

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
jlutsey
1981 CJ7 

dash lights not working.

none of my dash lights work with the exception of my high beam and my e-brake. what are the odds of all the bulbs being out?, sounds like a ground right? all the fuses aregood. Any ideas?

81 CJ 7 Renegade. 304, edelbrock performer intake, Holley 600, HEI, K&N, 33x12.5x15
www.beaufortscfishing.com
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

How about start by checking to see if there is power at the Dash Panel and other lights.

If yes then see if the ground is good.

If no then add a temp ground wire and see if this cures the problem.

If yes then make the temp ground wire permanent.
If you get power to some thing and not to others keep checking and adding the necessary grounds or new power wires.

ltr,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Mr. Corrosion

I know exactly what your problem is. The dash itself isn't grounding to the body. Check any bolt/screw on the dash with a test light grounded to the tub and you'll probably see that the entire dash panel is hot. You'll just need to either make a grounding strap or remove the dash and clean some paint/corrosion to make a good ground.

I've had the EXACT same problem.
Mr. Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.