Dan's Downunder '84 CJ7 Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Dan's Downunder '84 CJ7 Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 06-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #31
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

I don't think this is the same color but kinda similar. It is at the top of my short list. Copper brown metallic (1E). This is not my CJ, just random google image.

234.jpg  
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #32
JAG811
1978 CJ7 

Looking REAL good Dan !!
Unread 09-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
ffrost3
1984 CJ7 

Dan, If you are still out there I'd be keen to know how you are going over there. Im an AMeriCan expat living int Aucklnd NZ. Come from a ong line of jeep men and finally found a worthy 84 cj7 over here to get going on. I need parts! If you can share sources I'd be stoked. RHD stuff isnt always the same. What have you learned about what does and does not fit? Thanks!
ffrost3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #34
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrost3
Dan, If you are still out there I'd be keen to know how you are going over there. Im an AMeriCan expat living int Aucklnd NZ. Come from a ong line of jeep men and finally found a worthy 84 cj7 over here to get going on. I need parts! If you can share sources I'd be stoked. RHD stuff isnt always the same. What have you learned about what does and does not fit? Thanks!
DON'T get a Painless wiring harness frosty. Mines in a box without a home. $500 down the gurgler. Firewall terminal/fuse box is on the wrong side for our RHDers and that makes it all useless.

I bought a load of stuff over from Morris. Brown Santa, FedEx and TNT did the bringin. No problems with any of that. Try and buy local and you'll get torn a new one.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #35
ffrost3
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
DON'T get a Painless wiring harness frosty. Mines in a box without a home. $500 down the gurgler. Firewall terminal/fuse box is on the wrong side for our RHDers and that makes it all useless.

I bought a load of stuff over from Morris. Brown Santa, FedEx and TNT did the bringin. No problems with any of that. Try and buy local and you'll get torn a new one.
Thanks for the heads up. I would hate to totally hijack Dans thread so I might start a new one and see if there is more advice floating around. There are very limited cj7 supplies in NZ so I anticipate ordering most things in, but if I can avoid a wiring harness mistake like you made and share with the community here then
ffrost3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #36
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

Hi I am still here. The progress on the Jeep is very slow as I have been caught up doing house reno's. After I got the engine/trans/transfer case mounted I need to sort out the belly pan and tranny mount.

As for parts, most have come from the places in the USA. We have a couple of shops here that import the same stuff but they are painfully slow to get things in. I have got a few things like the suspension and brakes all from local parts shops. Other than that I bought a dodgy YJ and use that for parts as well.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/dans-downunder-84-cj7-build-1299387/
dan-cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #37
JAG811
1978 CJ7 

Hope the reno's a pushing on so you can get back to the real work
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #38
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

I had to say goodbye to the parts YJ tonight. It will make a great project for it's new owner. It served me well.

I've been getting back into jeep mode and less reno mode this week. I got the body mounts and some of my clutch parts this week so I was ready to get moving again and then I found out today that my buddy that was going to weld up my belly pan and trans mount busted his arm so he's out for a month. I wish I knew how to weld.

PS I found the mount for the grille. The metal sleeve part is a bit rusty but I should be able to get someone to make a new one from it. I'm not sure what I will do for the bushes. I've heard of using hockey pucks but they're pretty rare here. I'll just have to make a few calls around town.
Unread 10-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #39
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-cj7 View Post
I had to say goodbye to the parts YJ tonight. It will make a great project for it's new owner. It served me well.

I've been getting back into jeep mode and less reno mode this week. I got the body mounts and some of my clutch parts this week so I was ready to get moving again and then I found out today that my buddy that was going to weld up my belly pan and trans mount busted his arm so he's out for a month. I wish I knew how to weld.

PS I found the mount for the grille. The metal sleeve part is a bit rusty but I should be able to get someone to make a new one from it. I'm not sure what I will do for the bushes. I've heard of using hockey pucks but they're pretty rare here. I'll just have to make a few calls around town.
Hi Dan, if you're looking for spacers i.e. body lift we have used 60mm diameter PVC round bar with a hole drilled in the centre whenever we've done body lifts. Work well, won't rust or corrode, easy to drill and they're strong as!

Unread 10-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #40
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

I've thought about clearances and clashes since I changed transmissons. I was pretty sure the gearshift was in the same position but had to see if the the clocked D300 was going to have issues. After I got all the body mounts cut down to the right heights I couldn't resist putting the tub on for a look.

I've got 1/2" clearance from the back of the head on the stroker to the firewall. I hope that is enough. I have the engine angled at about 6.5 degrees down.

After I got the tub on and found I have no issues with the engine and transfer case I couldn't help myself and got carried away with a few more body parts

Unread 10-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #41
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-cj7
I've thought about clearances and clashes since I changed transmissons. I was pretty sure the gearshift was in the same position but had to see if the the clocked D300 was going to have issues. After I got all the body mounts cut down to the right heights I couldn't resist putting the tub on for a look.

I've got 1/2" clearance from the back of the head on the stroker to the firewall. I hope that is enough. I have the engine angled at about 6.5 degrees down.

After I got the tub on and found I have no issues with the engine and transfer case I couldn't help myself and got carried away with a few more body parts
Good stuff Dan. Going for a bit of instant gratification huh? Pretty easy to get carried away isn't it? Looking good

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

The disease! Looks great, Dan. I think the 1/2" is enough clearance.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #43
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Lookin' good Dan. Heck add the steering wheel and get the kids to push you around the yard!
Is that roll bar setting higher than normal? Maybe the seat is lower. Could be just an optical illusion.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #44
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

Haha, my kids got a kick of sitting in the seats, and there wasn't a fight over who got to sit behind the wheel!

The roll bar is the one I had in the YJ, it does look a bit high in the photo probably because the whindshield is missing.

I've now back to serious stuff and taken it all apart again. The AX15 gearshift is spot on the same spot as the T5 but I have issues with the transfer case shifter as it is clashing with the tub after I had to rotated it up to fit onto the AX15.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Unread 11-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #45
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

I got myself I new a new mapp gas torch on the weekend so I put it to work to get the gearshift bent to fit in the stock position. After heating-bending-test fitting over and over I got a position I'm happy about. It looks to be in the same position it was before I rotated it to fit behind the AX15. I didn't take a photo of the stick after it was bent but I will soon as I now have the tub off ready to take it all apart again to put in the clutch and fabricate a transmission mount.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.